[Suggestion] Charm/Range slot Augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kreavan, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Kreavan New Member

DB,

Can you please add Charm and Range slot options to some of the current type 7,8 augs out there. What is the purpose of making available augs for these two item slots so limited?
    Sprooce, minimind, Knifen and 2 others like this.
  2. Iuwene Augur

I second that. I recently found out that while the ToV T3 Gem of Security fits into range, it's upgrades in CoV and ToL do not. That does not make any sense.
  3. Cuuthbert Augur

Do the Rallos Zek earring and there are then 2 you can put in from TOV, Shimmering Pearl, extruded shimmering pearl. There are a few options. Maybe check out eqresources or raidloot web pages.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Agreed. While I accept the rarity of charm augs, the lack of ranged augs is frustrating. There are eight type 7 augs with >300hp right now with only one being relatively accessible to most players year 'round.
    1. Extruded Black Pearl - Anniversary, Best for Charm Slot
    2. Velium Infused Gem of Security - ToV Tradeskill (the best, accessible ranged aug for stats)
    3. Velium Empowered Gem of Freezing/Soothing/Striking - ToV Tradeskill Quest
    4. Silver-Etched Coin - Anniversary Raid
    5. Image of Innoruuk - Anniversary Raid
    6. Relife Adornment - Requires completion of all TBM mission challenger achievements
    7. Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke - Tradeskill Prayer Shawl quest (Underfoot)
    8. Shimmering Black Pearl - Anniversary Quest, Also Charm Slot
    Fanra and Viler like this.
  5. Alnitak Augur

My casting classes prefer to use Complimentary Velium Infused Gem of Striking
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=136319
    in the range slot for the effect.
    And Velium Empowered Gem of Freezing/Soothing in the charm slot.

I've picked the extra sympathetic proc over stats of Extruded Black Pearl.

I am not sure how good of the stats an augment should have to convince me to just go for extra HP/mana/etc over extra proc effect.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Damage procs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stats

Edit- I can understand tanks wanting ac/hp, possibly clerics. Outside of tanks IMHO, anyone whose class revolves around doing DPS should want the damage proc.