Fixed Internally Guild portal / Mechamatic Guardian / Caverns of Endless Song issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mikana, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Mikana Augur

Logged in, bought the Maiden's Eye item from GGH portal gnome, handed it in, got message that the portal had been set to ME, stood in the usual spot, and... nothing happens.

Anybody else got issues with the lazy gnome not doing its job?
    Vexana_Lanys, aiha, Diani and 8 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

The TP isnt the NPC it's the separate portal item. But as the servers went down maybe there was a data issue preventing it from working.

Probably not related, but all beta we had an issue with the portal not activating for people for some reason. The workaround was to pick it up in inventory then place it back down again, which made it work again until it stopped. Check that the placement is above the ground and nothing is blocking it.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I often move the teleport pad away from the gnome. After all those gnomes are tricky and I really don't trust him not to booby trap the pad.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Our Palatial guild hall portal is not working, the standard guild hall one is.

We have a "Teleportation Assistant". The portal says it needs a "Friendly Guild Teleportation Assistant". Maybe ours is not friendly :confused:

Ok, I put it in storage and brought it out again and moved it and it works for now.
  5. MmmmBop Wise Troll

Modest guild hall portal isn't working for me. Tried on two accounts and multiple locations. Logged all the way out and back in too. Palatial guild hall is working though.
  6. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

My Instanced GH portal worked earlier today (ported to WoS and Barindu). Logged out for a couple hours, logged back in (new GH instance) and now the portal doesn't work (tried PoSKY and WoS). Something screwy with instances.

[edit] Took the "Guild Teleportation Device" and put it into storage, then to inventory, then placed it down again. Works now.
  7. Silu Elder

Same issue. I put ours into inventory, then placed it again. That fixed it.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Attempting to zone into The Mechamatic Guardian from Dragonscale Hills is not working.

Got the group quest "The Mechamatic Guardian: Adventures" and a single quest "Modulation!". Going to the Guardian, clicking on the feet do nothing. Not getting booted, not getting zoned in, not getting a window asking if I want to be kicked.

Bertoxx server.
  9. Poppinfresh Elder

This was my experience as well. With the group task running, I can just run underneath or in close proximity to the MG, or click its foot, to get the enter/kick popup. This morning on BB, nothing
    Elliemental likes this.
  10. scaethach Scholar

Had the same happen to me today, bought and turned in the component, but no pop up window to actually port. Once I picked up the portal and placed it again, the window started appearing.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What a pita. Took me 4 trys to get it to set to a location we could use it.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

I'm trying to work through some TDS progression on an alt and I cannot zone in to Caverns of Endless Song from Tempest Temple on three different accounts/characters. No message, just not zoning. Tried evacing and running back - didn't work. Tried camping and coming back in, didn't work. This is on Povar.
  13. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

I hate to be the one but, did you compete the progression on the toons trying to get into that zone as everyone trying to zone in needs to have all quest chains done to be able to zone in. can't campfire or banner in.
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. Aanuvane Augur

Yes. I have completed TDS on two of the toons trying to zone in and the third is completely done up to that point.
  15. Kakashi77 Elder

I can confirm this for Coirnav as well. The mechamatic guardian doesn't even kick you if you get close (you basically run through him and nothing happens). And no zone in pop up appears even if you have the group mission to zone in. He is bugged right now.
  16. Alena Elder

If the Tempest/Katta-Quest Arc is done, then zoning is possible. But if Brother Island is missing then the missions are not possible to do.

But there is a bug with very small toons.. gnomes and such... a really annoying one...

The zones have defined spaces where you can enter into the next zone. These are partly horrible lazy combined with the 3D visual area. Whoever did that job seemed to have a mouse disorder. This is very rarely present when zoning with a single toon and meet the center of the zonein/out. If you have a box with a lot of toons then you will see that regularly. Extreme are Lavastorm->Broodlands, ToV:Ice->WesternWastes and very bad ones in SoD:plane of Time but many have it more or less. Try every corner to swim through.

If that is not working then the usual "server bug" is active: the zone is not up and that happened the last weeks a couple of times. Some zones where completely out and the login server went into nirvana. Perhaps you met exactly that moment.

I wished, devs would fix the darn zone connections.... a bit more precision and perfection would be sometimes more than needed....
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

STUPID STUPID TROLL! Ous is not working either. Everyone kept saying pick it up an dput it in inventory. I would right click the gnome and nothing. THE GNOME? bah will try moving the device itself when I get home.
  18. Aanuvane Augur

I have done the quest arcs. I was trying to zone in three toons from three different accounts and I even tried a fourth. One is a barbarian, two are wood elves and the last was a high elf. Normally if you don't meet the requirements for a zone - it tells you. I was just bouncing around off the zoneline. I wonder if someone else from Povar that is flagged for Caverns could give it a try? Edit: Trying again this morning and still can't zone in. No message, no errors - just dancing around the "wall" in the water.
  19. Elliemental New Member

Having the same issue on Luclin. After hours of guided troubleshooting, a GM logged my account in and reproduced the issue.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  20. Lubianx Augur