the best 6 box set up to lvl to max on live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mark, Feb 15, 2022.

1. mark Augur

since we are getting the 64 bit client wich will allow better graphics and quality of life improvements i wanto reach live end content and gear up before the next expansion comes out.my highest charecter was a lvl 100 cleric,the cleric will be my main,what tank class should i play also need a cc and the rest dps.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The best is the one you'll enjoy the most, and play.

You're a healer, you'll have a tank. CC may or may not be important. You're looking at DPS. There's really not that much more to it.

The only two things I'd mention are, if you like to move around a lot, as opposed to picking a camp and staying there for most of your session, then seriously consider a mage (CotH) and either a druid or wizzy (ports).
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Shindius like this.
  3. Truetotheblue Augur

As long as you have a tank/healer/cc the combo is pretty irrelevant. Bard is a big plus for mobility with selos and dual invis. Only suggestion is aim to synergize... So casters as dps with an end or all melee. Mix and match works but won't min/max or be best.

Shd/Shm/Brd/Zer/Bst/Rog or Shd/Shm/Brd/Bst/Zer/Zer are good.

Pal/Clr/Enc/Mag/Mag/Wiz also decent. You can cycle in whatever you want.
  4. Kaggrak New Member

So you have the basic idea, its just up to you on the actual choices.

As far as tanks go, Warriors are the most gear dependent of the three, Shadowknights are the best group game tank, Paladins are a solid choice also. Of course any of them can do it, just know all three will require gear/augs to really shine.

Fill the rest with whatever you want, or skip the tank role all together and use a pet.
  5. zleski Augur

If I was going to roll a six-box crew, I'd pick Mage, SK, Shaman, Bard, Berserker, Berserker.

Mage cos COTH is king, and Mage pets can tank if needed. Shaman and Bard are like peanut butter and chocolate, and you might as well have melee dps with the pair. Other option is to swap one Berserker with a Beastlord.

Other set: Mage, SK, Druid, Bard, Enchanter, Beastlord

Teleporting around is pretty handy, and group wolf means your casters can get done. Druids are more than capable of doing insane damage with the combination in the group, so if you need big burns on a target, you could easily get there.

It's easy to swap in the Cleric for either priest, but you might reconsider the Druid for absolutely insane 40 million tick burns.
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Mage/Mage/Mage/Mage/Mage/Mage
    Laronk and Tatanka like this.
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Its good to know what you’re planning to do and use, and what’s important to you.

Alt tab, multiple computers, hardware/software kvms, is boxer program?
    Level grind, aa grind, tradeskill farming, progression cotf+ for hf/hr/hv, collections for trophy slots/trophies (rogue), slayer for bags (track/port/runspeed), etc?
    Do you consider port, track, coth, bard runspeed/double invis must haves? Single pulling? Pet off tanks, mez, or pile it all on main tank?

Convenience is huge, 3 mages provides really easy flexible dpsing compared to many of the other options. People are raving about rogue and ranger at the moment at 120 tho, and they have fringe benefits like track and sos, much more effort involved tho. Tanks all 3 are very different to play and provide different benefits, same with priest, to the point that you should consider druid and shaman as decent options even tho you will obviously have cleric as it’s the only current guaranteed spot.

Less info means less valid answers.
  8. Sup Rog Elder

Mage, shaman(cleric for you), bard, rogue, ranger, necro(non melee dps class) is a good combo right now, with lots of HS/assassinate mobs. Play the bard mainly and pull with him to the mage pet, just have to position the rogue, with ranger just bowing. Getting melee in place is a pain. The zerker crews you see are being helped a bit, lets just say lol. I was using my SK, but easier with a pet, less moving around and can tank anything np.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Necros aren't that great as a box (in my opinion). They are a fantastic character but require a fair amount of attention per encounter to unlock their potential. I'd throw a wizard or zerker in your crew before a necro tbh...probably a wizard for teleport vs the necro.
  10. Cadira Augur

Correct answer is: clr, sk, beast, bard, rogue, zerk/second rogue.
    Zerk for nice dps and adps that a second rogue won't provide, or rogue exclusively for this expansions bane to humanoid mobs.

Melee super easy to set up with I. S. B.
  11. S33k3r Augur

I agree with Tatanka, play the team you enjoy the most.

I use Druid, SK, Mage, Beast, Chanter and Shaman. Group has plenty of mana regen for my Druid (my main), easy to move around and provides good dps/healing.
  12. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

I wanted to do my 6 box with no other software other than WinEQ2 to make it easier to tab over.
    I did War, Mage, Enc, Wiz, Druid, Cleric. I wanted to make sure I had 6 different classes. I also went the F2P route so no mercenaries. I used the War to pull after about level 75 because his ability to tank went down hill quickly. The Mage Air Pet worked great as a tank. Then macros for all the debuff/ slows, blasts from the others. All the pets really helped, and as the mob walks away, I never had to worry about being too far away from the mob to hit it since it just followed it to its death.
    If I was to make one change I might change the Warrior to something else since for the most part he ended up being DPS. So, maybe another Pet class. Beastlord or Necro.
  13. Numiko Augur

Just make sure you have a Tank, a healer and a CC, other 3 can be just DPS.

Caster DPS are easier to box I find, no need to position them in melee range or even face the mob they are casting on. Just set up a macro or two for them and they are ready to roll. Bard is a good 6th, even just sitting there playing melody they add a lot to the group.
    bard007 likes this.
  14. Catty Lorekeeper

Have long had a group with SK, Shm, Bard, Ench, DPS, DPS (mag/rog). I've loved it even though Shm and Enc overlap some duties...

And I couldn't imagine not having a mage in the mix. CotH makes so many situations easier.

Shaman has kept up with healing in all situations he's been put in.
    However, been strongly considering swapping SHM for CLR - almost exclusively for mid-combat rezzing. I'm guessing ADPS takes a hit with that. Oh well. We'll see.
  15. Sup Rog Elder

Yeah, but you have to get the melee in position every fight, I find that kinda annoying, I would rather press the 1 hotkey and have the toons going right away.
  16. Cadira Augur

Auto follow the tank :)
    ForumBoss likes this.
  17. Sup Rog Elder

Where are you dying that you need combat rez so much? If my tank on my box team dies, it's either all dead or whoever I can click their escape abilities, fight is over at that point. Raids I can see, but regular exping battle rez?

I have a 120 cleric and shaman, cleric has close to max aa and is sitting on the shelf right now. Shaman heals WAY more than needed in the group game and has good dps/adps/slow/debuff etc..
  18. bard007 Augur

You will be lucky after today I dont think WinEQ2 will work anymore.

I run Bard, Cleric, Wizard, Mage, Mage, Mage... Ive completed all TOL group progression with this group. Bard/Wizard raid geared. the rest are all in t2 group gear. I an drop a Mage and add another toon for fun. Ive leveled a Shaman and Enchanter with this group also.

End of the day its what works for you and your game/play style.

Hope you pick a good 6 box and have fun..
  19. strongbus Augur

Atm I am running bst/mage/mage/bard/sham/cleric. all with I S BOX. bard is just for melody and a few aa/disc on a spam key. bst is raid geared rest are a mostly group with a few raid here and there. 1 mage with earth pet for tanking 1 with a dps pet. cleric and sham setup so with one button i can switch between each pet or even bst for healing.
    bard007 likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's really funny. I also three box DRU/MAG/SK, with the druid being my main, and 1st char from 2000. Last year I rolled ENC/SHM/BST on three other accounts, just for buffs before heading out to hunt. Have toyed with the idea of 6 boxing at some point.