Will this patch...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Cicelee Augur

Make my J boots go faster?

I mean we are upgrading to 64 bit right? And that is better than that old 32 bit!

Could the running patch day joke of the last two decades actually come true today with 64 bit???
  2. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

The only way to tell is the true and tested method of standing next to someone and start spam right clicking the boots.
  3. Moege Augur

Fix any bugs.

9ball say: No
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Very interested to see the effect the 64-bit servers will have on lag particularly FV the laggiest of laggy servers!
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Since you brought it up Id just like to complain that Spirit of Tala`Tak blocks jboots.
  6. Jyve Augur

!I'm just wondering why Rogues are 64-bit, but Zerkers are 72-bit.
  7. bobbin Elder

If it fixes the lag on FV how are we gonna burn down Zlandikar and Sontalak? We'd have to go back to doing those raids the way they where meant to be done and no one wants that.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Absolutely none, until they spend developer resources on fixing lag and other broken items.
    Coagagin likes this.
  9. zleski Augur

> Make my J boots go faster

> the running patch day joke

ಠ_ಠ
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The quick burn strat actually works even without lag.

For Sonta you need to handle adds, you don't need to dps them though. I think we use a chanter plus kiting. (yes, we all blow up at the end...:p )
    Zlandicar is just a burn, you might need a chanter to handle rats if you are too slow. We usually kill a piper or 2, if we don't feel brave though.
  11. Warpeace Augur

More dps
  12. Claan Elder

...eliminate the bag sound when I log in and stop me from crashing to server select when I log out?

Edit: No, it did not.:(
    Velisaris_MS and Annastasya like this.
  13. Lurikeen Journeyman

Until today, the game only had 32bits of memory to address to contain memory leaks caused by bad code. Now the game will have 64 bits to address in containing memory leaks caused by bad code. :p
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

all I want to know is if it will help us not lose our GH .. again.. and again..
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Sounds like you guys need to get used to the standard no-thrills GH! =(
  16. Celephane Augur

run speed buff blocks run speed buff: Noted
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Since EQ launched, everybody knows that Jboots only get their speed nerfed with patches. 64-bit will not change that.
  18. Sup Rog Elder

Will it fix the several Necro issues where some AA and spells, that are very important, not getting upgraded properly to affect level 120 spells?? That's a good question. Nothing in the notes, that's sad.
  19. Shanarias Augur

I can attest that on test (see what I did there) there was WAY less lag at the "lag pile".
  20. Numiko Augur

I noticed textures loaded faster when I logged in, no more 30 second of grey PoK :)