Fixed Cazic Return of the Exiled PGH , empty again...

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Elyssanda, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

How the heck can a highly active guild lose its Guildhall contents so often? Last June we lost everything, so it's not even been a full year. Please say there is a better fix in store than last year's parcel everything back to the owners and make us rebuild it from scratch again.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Futile hope.. I have a crate of eviction with all of my items, as does everyone else talking about it in the guild..
    mads, dinna, bourke and 16 others like this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

we got parcels of our goodies, but we cannot place them.. the empty GH won't let us
    mads, dinna, bourke and 6 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you have temporary items in the guild hall?
    mads, bourke, Ladyblue and 2 others like this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

we have nothing in GH
    colty, mads, bourke and 3 others like this.
  6. Salinae Old Cranky member

Its as is after T2 riads we were hit by cross server ninjas and the mayhem guy from the Allstate commercials.
    colty, mads, bourke and 4 others like this.
  7. Eaiana Augur

Oh I feel your pain. This has happened to us in <Echoes in Eternity> twice in the last year too. We think we narrowed it down to someone transferring servers who had items placed in the hall. Everyone got their items parceled back to them, and the hall went into some funky "read only" mode. We eventually just built out a new hall. Someone may have even had to purchase a new GGH. I hope they can help you.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

we haven't lost anyone recently. definitely not just after T2 raid ended.
    colty, mads, bourke and 2 others like this.
  9. Dalo New Member

This is annoying, irritating, frustrating, grieving, heartbreaking all in one. Please restore our PGH.
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

ive been encouraging most of my GL friends to take layouts of the guildhalls on regular basis - that way, you know what you had (and when you had it), what you have, and what you are missing. when our guild got deleted in error during a patch (and thus our neighbourhood and guild hall), we realized how problematic it is to not have these.

also, something is wonky with guild related real estate - we've had a number of items go missing on a regular basis - portal items mostly, that i've had to get restored on several occasions - and thats much easier to do with a layout where i can prove i had said item, the last time i saw it, etc.

i feel for you guys. its really a disruption. much like the raid formation bug that plagued us over the years, but didnt seem to bother many other folks, these things are just monumentally annoying when you are the one it keeps happening to.
    Elyssanda, mads, bourke and 2 others like this.
  11. Waf Master New Member

They just trying to keep us down. I promise if you guys restore our guild hall, I will place my socks in a hamper and not leave them leaning on the wall in the GH anymore.
  12. Maedhros High King

The big difference between this guild hall issue and last years is that last year all of our items were still there and visible in the guild hall and we could interact with the npc services but just couldnt place new items or remove items.
    This time, everything in the guild hall just disappeared one item at a time until nothing remained. Everyone who had placed something in the hall got an eviction crate with maybe a few items or maybe nothing in it.
    As the guild leader and plot owner, I personally had placed probably close to 1000 items in the guild hall over the years which are all gone. Nothing was in my eviction crate and nothing in my item overflow.

The one big clue behind all of this is that the note on our eviction crates in the parcel system said that the "owner has transfered servers".
    I have not, and am still there, so who is the system referring to?
    I hypothesize that whoever helped us last year may have had to go behind the scenes and set themselves up as a 2nd guild leader to be able to adjust guild permissions and facilitate the return of our items, which all ended up on our item overflow at the time.
    Is it possible that they deleted or transfered that toon to another server to do some kind of dev work and in the process our guild kicked in the automatic eviction process? Has this dev got an eviction crate full of 1000 items?
    Enquiring minds.

What is heart breaking is the loss of the memorials we have created for deceased guildmates and all the years of artwork that are irreplaceable.

Yes I have a saved layout from just a few days before the loss, but I can not re-load items that are lost somewhere in the Matrix.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

14. Maedhros High King

Hello there. I did make a ticket about this and it sounded like it was outside of the ability of the GMs to fix.
    Jacob Barnes (Daybreak Games)
    Feb 11, 2022, 1:06 PM PST
    Greetings Explorer,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am sorry about the trouble this may have caused you!

We've received similar reports about this issue from other players, and we've reported it to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available.

Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
    I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

I do apologize that we don't have a CS-based solution for you. If a bug is detected, we hope to see it corrected at the development level as soon as humanly possible.

If you have any other in-game issues we can assist you with in the meantime, please feel free to submit another petition at your convenience.

Main Website's Forums:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php
    Sincerely,
    GM Wahoo
    Hora and Fenthen like this.
  15. niente Developer

I'll take a look. What date/time/timezone did the items first disappear?

Edit: Nm, found date
    Hora likes this.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Niente I Pm'd you on Discord the day that it happened.

It's very discouraging to post that this has happened again, and it takes 9 days for any dev to respond.
    We've started rebuilding, but, with 1500+ items still missing, it's difficult.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. niente Developer

I can't be tasked by Discord PMs or I would never get anything done.
    I am sorry that CS did not forward this to the code team.

Are the 600+ items in the hall right now from after the guild hall disappeared?
    Hora, Maedhros and adetia like this.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I totally understand. Are you the actual owner of the guild and the plot and the neighbourhood? (these are all different, and very few guild leaders are actually the guild owner.). this caused us a problem many years back as our "owner" was an obsolete, nonexistant account, but i think it was jchan that was able to manually adjust the owner to be me as a temporary stopgap to try to stop whatever deleted our guild from existence from happening again.

also side note, if you do have a layout, and you are able to source up the various missing items, you can reload that in the future regardless of who owns the items - they will still load as long as they are present regardless of ownership. the other thing is, if you know things that likely belonged to you and can give the list of items from your layout (using screenshots, list of the dump of items), whatever, you may be able to get customer service to restore some of your missing items. i had to go down this route as well in the past.

it sucks you guys keep having this happen. :(
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yes. we managed to get some things put back in the last 2 days
  20. Maedhros High King

We've been trying to put stuff back in to make it somewhat functional but I think the greatest bulk of the missing items were things that I personally owned and placed.
    When we were stuck with the empty hall that nothing could be placed in, I utilized the "move out" feature for the guild plot. I should emphasize that only the interior of the guild hall disappeared, the yard was still intact. I was surprised that when I "moved out" in the eviction crate there were many items that did not belong to me. I had assumed that items would be mailed back to their owners.
    So I'm guessing all my items are in a crate with whatever dev's toon that helped us last time.