Guild Co-Leaders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can guilds have Co-Leaders? If so, how can this be made to happen?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Darn. You know lots of EQ things that I don't.

Anyway, our long-time, really great guild leader, has been MIA for several years. We are a casual guild and it really hasn't been an issue until recently. Last night a guild member deguilded because I couldn't do something that only the leader could do. Others have expressed concerns as well and I am hoping that out current guild leader could stay leader and have a co-leader added on. I think this could avoid any unneeded drama and hurt feelings and still enable the guild to move forward.

Anyway, there is another guild on my server that has two leaders and that shows that it is, at least, possible.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

There is a process for replacing an old guild leader. I do not know what it is but I do remember them implementing a way to replace the previous leader. I want to say it's something like if the leader hasn't logged in for a 6 months then and officer can promote themselves. I don't remember the specifics because it wasn't very relevant to me but I believe there is a post about it somewhere.

There can be more than 1 leader and there and there can be co-leaders, but hidden somewhere is the title of owner, I believe, but am not confident.
  5. Mulerien Elder

I believe it is "/usurp"
    Vumad, Svann2, Aanuvane and 1 other person like this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yeah if he's been MIA for several years, a senior officer can use /usurp command to take over leadership.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I wasn't asking about usurping anyone. I was asking about how to create a co-leader.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I know in the past at least one guild I was in had co-leaders. I think the GM's had to do something to make that happen. No idea if they can or would do it again though. It was years ago.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Lol fair enough. I figured a solution that gave you a current leader while still keeping the old leader in guild would solve your issue. Apologies for the suggestion!
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

And apologies for the grumpiness. New baby in the house, etc.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hope it can happen again. We shall see.
  12. Celephane Augur

You'll have to /usurp, only the guild leader can petition to add more... as far as I know
  13. Herf Augur

14. Celephane Augur

Did you even remotely read what his problem was? His guild leader has been gone for years, he just wants to add another one without removing the original. Way to read dude
    Vumad and Nennius like this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Guilds are not supposed to have more than one leader.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

It has been done in the past, so it should be safe to say it can be done. Will they do it? Completely different question. They may only do it if the current leader requests. I was party to a co-lead situation years ago, but I can't remember the details. Maybe you could /usurp then petition to get the original leader re-promoted?
  17. Drakang Augur

My guild has more than one. Just have to petition and hope you get a helpful GM that is willing to do it.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

A GM has to log on, and the Leader has to be on, and the up to 2 officers that the Leader is willing to share co-lead with. then the GM promotes those 2 to co-lead. When one of the 3 now co-leaders is ready to step down, they should talk to the other 2 to see who to promote into the soon to open up coleader position.
    I was Co-leader of Black Dragon Legion on Luclin server. Violettafire was the original Leader and she promoted both Funstuff (RIP) and I. When I left, we decided to have one of the other long time Senior officers take my place.
    Vumad and Nennius like this.