May is the worst month for TLP releases.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cybertoothlion, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

Mischief has high numbers of RMTers. Normal folks go there, see how lame it is and they quit or go back to their old server.

I predict the next TLP will kill Mischief. Those RMTers ALWAYs go to the new true box type TLPs.

$$$$$$$
  2. Gnothappening Augur

I won't cry if mischief dies and they NEVER reuse those rules.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I really don’t think it is sitting at a high population all the time because of this.
  4. bartolomo Noxious Iksar

I personally wonder why they don't do more Holiday release dates for these TLPs. That is when the most people have off of work. Heck, even release them at the end of October, that way theres like 6 weeks before everyone can really get into the game with all those days off from work.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

I can think of two reasons. They don't like there to be exp bonuses on launch as one. The main reason though is they don't want a TLP launch and a new expac to launch at the same time.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  6. Kahna Augur

I am a normal person and I enjoy Mischief. My whole guild is full of normal people who love Mischief. I guess we will see in May, but that server would have to be pretty darn impressive to kill Mischief.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Welcome to "omg ded svr lol" territory. The same set of trolls attack pretty much every server, Rizlona has been getting this for almost 2 years now. For us, they claim the server is nothing but giant automated box armies. For mischief, nothing but RMTers.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Overcast451 Augur

Well..

Let's not think "game fun" here and think profit instead. So the new TLP releases in May. Many people just aren't busy with EQ in those warmer months. I'm usually not playing EQ during those months.

Then the cooler months hit us and more time is available to people due the weather and holidays. Like this last Thanksgiving - emails out to players!! Bonus XP for your Holiday!!

Then people come back. "Well the old TLP I was on is far down the road now, but there's a new TLP in Velious!!" "Wish I would have started earlier, I'm kinda behind... but look - plenty on the bazaar. I'll buy a Krono or two and try to get leveled up before PoP releases in a few weeks!"

By this point, the bazaar's active with lots of farmed loot from the first 3 XPACS and people are PLing in various spots for Krono. Lots of things to spend a Krono on.

*Cha-Ching*.

So maybe it's actually by design. :rolleyes:
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

People will just scream about having to decide between EQ and family. We saw it when they launched... Phinigel I think. That was November something?

Correction: December 9, 2015 is when Phinny launched.
  10. Arclyte Augur

what a grand and intoxicating innocence
  11. Triconix Augur

Tier 3 raids release in March. They aren't going to release a TLP until most/all major fixes and tweaks are completed to the latest expansion. That usually means May is the absolute earliest and then they begin working on the next expansion right after.

You can almost guarantee they won't do a launch between Oct (beta) through April (first available patch month after launch of final tier of raids). That leaves May-Sept. During the summer devs are focused on new content so that leaves... May.
  12. Faltorvo New Member

and who do you think pays the bills these days??? live or tlp?
  13. Faltorvo New Member

yup,, it's like they think the kids are waiting to get out of school for the summer , i always thought Nov was the way to go,,1) lots of seasonal workers are now off for the year 2) close enough to Xmas for gifting and events boosts
  14. Faltorvo New Member

they don't?? then how do you square a late may release and the july 1 exp events? 5 weeks is a little window
  15. Faltorvo New Member

yup,,mischief is the one rule set i could see folks riding to live,,any huge hick up in play time over the needed years,,is easily fixed
  16. Abundant Elder

Respectfully disagree. The company regularly launches a new server about every 1yr(s). It brings a lot of people back to the game who enjoy the first few expansions the most while others can play a plethora of any other servers offering more content. There also isn't much content early on so people won't have to play as much during the summer and can still do well and see a lot. By the time winter comes around we will have a few expansions and folks inside can spend more time exploring. I get what you mean, but it's just not in the cards. I definitely am appreciative of the company being transparent with their newsletter as well. It helps having a general idea when something new is on the horizon for those of us who like the rag and tag old days just as much as later expansions.
  17. jeskola pheerie

50/50 as of a couple years ago....
  18. Gnothappening Augur

In five weeks, if the server starts in any expac without AA, will have everyone as max level. At least everyone that will see max level will already be max level.