Is Everquest PG era

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Feb 7, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

A lot of games/sports they're associated with PG era.

Would you consider EQ today or past few years that EQ is in the PG era? Looking at the box art from 1999-2005 and how everything is today. Does it feel like something changed? PG era? Old EQ compared to Hero's Forge designs maybe?

Is considered in the EQ PG era?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

What does PG ERA mean? :confused:
    Raptorjesus5, Vumad, Fenthen and 5 others like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

Everquest is rated T for teen and you are supposed to be at least 13 to play iirc.
    Most TV shows for 10 year old children are rated PG.
    Probably a lot of guilds are easily rated R or X though. Gross!
    Skuz and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

as if you don't know what our guild chat is like.. hahahahha , no it's definitely NOT G, or PG..
    Coagagin and Skuz like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Guardian Spirit of no-drama tells you: "Three Golden Rules 1. Steer clear of the obscene 2. Don't discuss religion 3. Don't discuss politics."

Guild Chat tells you: "all of the above is fine, just so long as nobody quits permanently, and as a bonus, if it's funny it makes the front page of our website"
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

EverQuest was always rated T for suggestive themes, in-game alcohol drinking, and combat/violence. In fact, I found my old EQ CDs/boxes and that's the rating they had.

I believe "T" pretty much is like PG-13 for movies.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Hayzeus Augur

We have a computer retailer in town that refused to order in or sell Everquest titles (back when there was a physical box) due to the scantily clad women on the cover. They felt it was inappropriate to show that much skin.

They had *zero* problems with murder/blood/mayhem based on the number of war fps titles they had on the shelf.

Perspectives shift. I'd imagine what was T for Teen back in the day is now rated C for Crib
  8. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah thats why I brought up this topic.
    Looking at https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Hero's_Forge

3 observations,
    1.armor appears clunky, fully armored up and clunky
    2. on that site they don't show female armor (maybe there is a link somewhere but I'm not trying hard to look for it, I'm looking at the main page of hero's forge)
    3. I believe the females use the same armor as the males

Seems like the armor they put out just isnt that appealing and what not as it used to be, it feels like it shifted to PG. Now the NPCs sometimes they dress a little bit less PG but the armor we get to use and not, its pretty non PG dominant.

The only reason I'd want to use hero's forge would just to be so I can use classic armor skins, the new armor skins are just not appealing. It's too much of a PG vibe.

If they did the classic armor skins and made it more modern texture, that would be really good I think. I'm not digging these new hero's forge textures, maybe a few of them but not really. Especially what they give out for the female characters. There is very few good options if you ask me.

Other games, I have hard deciding what I want, but this game, there's not enough good options. Classic armor skins better than most of the new stuff.

Heroes forge makes me think of armor for kids.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I'm not saying they need go full sexual and what not, but really can't argue with men armor, unless it just looks silly and kiddish. But the female armor, they really covering them if you ask me. Seems like too much gender neutral armor, but thing is women arent running around in men's cloths all the time. They could, but theres thing called womens clothes, men are not wearing womens clothes, nothing wrong with but game seems to be less and less femine wise. As in their apparal, the clothes they wear.

These images, they just don't give the EQ vibe that I think of when going down memory lane, it feels out of place, it feels a bit PG if you ask me.

Went from
    EQ I know,
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

To
    Current EQ, heroes forge, (I think men's clothes on women? thats kinda what it looks like to me) look at this link, https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Hero's_Forge#/media/File:Herosforgeleather.jpg
    thats just too PG, can't even show anything, too afraid of not being PG enough if you ask me.
    [IMG]
    That female leather armor behind the heroes forge paywall. I'd rather use the slot 21 to use classic EQ skins rather than, this PG armor.
    Aenvar likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Complaining that the armor is actually armor instead of a fancy bikini?
    code-zero, Elyssanda and Ssdar like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Otoh male Iksars in Arx Mentis Plate looks totally badass!
    and Frogloks in Wizard Hats are adorable!. :)

I would mind some graphical effects(bloody or otherwise), when you hit someone with a weapon, though.
    There is not really any hint of "impact" with the current animations, everyone is just waving their weapons in the thin air.
  11. tanith Augur

Slight tanget, but 'EQ fashion' used to be a thing
    There were many pages of folks discussing the loveliness, or otherwise, of their robes etc
    The early outfits are here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Fashion
    And if scantily clad laydeez is your thing, have you seen a female dru wood elf lately?!
    (my poor dru would like a nice visible cloak to spare her blushes pls!)
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Could also be the pictures your all looking at. If you use Bonzz site you can click on one of the Heros Forge armors and it will rotate and move via a U tube so you can see all sides.

http://www.bonzz.com/herosforge.htm
  13. uberkingkong Augur

Thats why I said not go full sexual

[IMG]

We don't even get this anymore, if thats bikini like to you, idk what to say then.
    Instead we get fully suited up cant even show any skin at all like arms or a little leg or anything, nope those are fully covered. It's too PG.

Also, again, its females wearing male clothing too, just fitted for lady is all.

[IMG]

Nobody is asking for lingerie, but I'm not asking for super PG too. I bring up females because when it comes to PG era for them, its dressing more ladylike rather than PG era.
    This is a different, see they're ladylike, not PG era cover em up, dont do anything even a tad bit sexual.
    [IMG]

If your worried about showing bra, this is not just a bra. But still better than anything EQ has. The outfit is actually ladylike, not a lady wearing men's clothes fitted for ladies.

As for the men, the heroes forge armor is just so bulky, looks like they making the armor targeted for kids playing the game. So its affecting both genders but the ladies even more because they wearing mens clothes fitted for them. They don't even get ladies clothes. Like classic EQ, you wear a cloth armor, it has a mans version and a females version of it. Not 1 version, mens, and females is same thing being just fitted.

Btw, not everyone is tank. A wizard is not going to be wearing full armor.
    If your picturing everyone wearing full armor. Have you forgotten what EQ was about in the beginning? Let me show you what EQ is about, what people think about when returning to EQ, the skins and what not.
    [IMG]

I don't see many people in that picture fully armored and everything like the heroes forge and the new skins if anything we are getting. This is EQ. The new skins, heroes forge, seems like a new era, PG era if you ask me.

If you seen the movie gladiator too,
    He isn't fully armored up from feet to head.
    No helmet, his thighs showing, his arms have no armor, its ok to not be fully geared up and show some skin.
    [IMG]

Some gladiators fight with no chest armor, so a female wearing a bra is no different. If you think its weird, thats PG era vibe coming in.
    [IMG]
    This is ok, but if females running in bra some extra clothes, and underwear? Thats too much? Thats how EQ was originally. Whats changed? PG Era. We don't even get much like this that is NEW for the men too btw.
    Aenvar likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is not about going full sexual or not but the fact that the armor you are using as examples of what you want to use is pretty crappy armor as it leaves vulnerable areas uncovered and vulnerable. In the examples you give it does follow the trope of female armor covering less area the more powerful it gets in comparison to male versions. In fact there really isn’t a difference between male and female armor outside of a few differences in fit and they should both cover the same parts of the body.

Sounds like you are upset that you don’t get the eye candy you would like to look at.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Have you forgotten what EQ is about.
    Let me show you picture of EQ again
    [IMG]
  16. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I think you mean PC era, PG is age based, this is a hashed and rehashed issue on alot of game forums. There seems to be no middle ground between the we want sexy eye candy and we want gritty realism crowds. Your kicking a hornets nest with this thread that hasn't been brought up much around here as far as I've seen.

I fall on the eye candy end, I like my fantasy sexy, No apologies. I will continue to tank shirtless. There's an old bug that makes this possible. The day it's fixed is the day I stop playing eq. Luckily despite most of the hero's forge ornament gear looking like crap, the old graphics and luclin graphics still exist. I expect if there ever is a reskin with 64 bit we lose the niche, sorta sexy look we have. Eq has that middle ground that most games are missing these days.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think that proves my point that you are complaining that armor looks like armor instead of fancy bikinis