Fixed Serverwide chat channels

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Aanuvane, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Aanuvane Augur

I asked for support over in player support and haven't gotten any feedback - I know this has been an ongoing issue, but I can't find a way to fix it.

I regularly play 4 accounts. My main account cannot join the serverwide.eqtraders channel.

This is the most frequent response:

Autojoining channels....
    Channels:1=serverwide.eqtraders(XX)
    You are not on any channels
    Player Aanuvane not found on channel server

Sometimes I get this:

Autojoining channels....
    Channels:1=serverwide.eqtraders(XX)
    You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels

But /list says I am not in any channels.

I have tried manually joining, I get the same error.

I tried removing all the players on my ignore list and restarting the game - no change.
    I tried toggling on join general chat channels and restarted game - no change.

I logged in a second account, it joins the channel just fine AND when I do a /list 1 I see Aanuvane listed as being in the channel, but on Aanuvane I'm told I'm not on any channels.

In the log below from the character Rabon, Aanuvane is one of my accounts, that character is in game and not able to access the channel. Rabon and Frynit are two different characters on the same account - Frynit was in offline trader mode, he has been logged out and replaced by Rabon. Bynthar is my third account, that character is currently in offline trader mode.

[Tue Dec 14 08:34:14 2021] Channel serverwide.eqtraders(17) members:
    [Tue Dec 14 08:34:14 2021] Aanuvane, Rabon, Bynthar, Sxxxxxxx, Bxxx, Rxxx, Frynit, Antonius.Ixxxx, Tunare.Fxxxxxxx, Bertox.Sxxxxxxxx
    [Tue Dec 14 08:34:14 2021] Beta.Wxxxxxxx, Beta.Kxxxxxx, Beta.Zxxxxx, Beta.Sxxxxxxx, Beta.Exxxxxx, Drinal.Sxxxxxx, Xegony.Fxxxxxx

I just logged the Aanuvane account to desktop and she did not leave the channel.

I just logged another character from the Aanuvane account in, she successfully autojoined the channel and /list 1 still shows Aanuvane in the channel.

[Tue Dec 14 08:51:58 2021] Channel serverwide.eqtraders(18) members:
    [Tue Dec 14 08:51:58 2021] Aanuvane, Kadcea, Rabon, Bynthar, Sxxxxx, Bxxx, Rxxx, Frynit, Antonius.Ixxxxxx, Tunare.Fxxxxxxx

The accounts that are showing in channel, but is in offline trader mode or not in game at all, Bynthar and Frynit - same errors as Aanuvane.

Just confirmed another - logged in a different player from the same account that has Bynthar on it - Bynthar was not removed from the channel but the character I just logged in from the same account was added to the channel.

[Tue Dec 14 09:29:08 2021] Channel serverwide.eqtraders(17) members:
    [Tue Dec 14 09:29:08 2021] Aanuvane, Bynthar, Yurumpus, ......
    Duder, Svann2, Silvena and 14 others like this.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

Just FYI - this was not solved with the recent server crashes. I'm still getting the message that I'm in the channel.
    Paladin likes this.
  3. Firestar New Member

I have noticed this with another serverwide channel also. I asked the owner to /kick my character and I was able to rejoin and leave it again properly for that character. However, I have since noticed a couple other ghost characters of mine including beta.xxxxxx and a couple friends of mine are not able to talk in channel as they have the same problem. I also seen the *owner of the channel is not online yesterday, but still showing in channel also so I'm guessing they are broken too. I haven't had a chance to see if they can issue the command even though they can't talk in the channel.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

I have no idea who owns the serverwide eqtraders channel. I was thinking a kick might work for these bugged characters.
  5. Rondor Augur

I did:

Code:
    /join serverwide.eqtraders:eqtraders
    then

Code:
    ;oplist serverwide.eqtraders
    and got:

[Mon Jan 03 06:05:12 2022] Channel serverwide.eqtraders op-list: (Owner=Drinal.Aueelderya)

Perhaps this person Drinal.Aueelderya may help.

Note that I have had similar issues and reported here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...at-player-not-found-on-channel-server.272699/

Similar issues with the serverwide.allakhazam channel.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

OK - wow - so today.....On the Aanuvane character....I started seeing this:

[12:12] Cazic.xxxxx tells #serverwide.eqtraders, 'Aanu are you awake?'

From another character that is correctly joined to the channel I see:

[12:12] Cazic.xxxxx tells serverwide.eqtraders:1, 'Aanu are you awake?'

I can't figure out how to answer from the Aanuvane account.

but /list still says I am not in any channels
    [Mon Jan 03 13:07:43 2022] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
    [Mon Jan 03 13:07:45 2022] You are not on any channels
    [Mon Jan 03 13:07:46 2022] You are not on channel 1
    [Mon Jan 03 13:08:00 2022] Channels: 1=serverwide.eqtraders(20)
    [Mon Jan 03 13:08:00 2022] You are not on any channels
    [Mon Jan 03 13:08:00 2022] You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels.
    Rondor and Yinla like this.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

OK - after that weirdness above...I logged Aanuvane out and noticed that she actually left the channel. The autojoin isn't working yet - after logging back in, I was able to manually join the channel.
  8. Aanuvane Augur

and after resetting the autojoin - I am back to square one.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

after multiple attempts to re-clear /autojoin, logging all the way back out and then back in - I was able to manually join eqtraders again. o_O
    Rondor likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I had this when TOL went live with EQresource at some point it fixed its self.
  11. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I'm in a similar boat. I can't join or autojoin serverwide channels properly on my SK, but my Bard (on the same PC) joins them just fine. It will say I'm in one of the 2 I have configured, but I do not see any messages in that channel.

When it tries to join the second channel, it says "You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels." They're not related in any way though.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

and now after a couple of weeks of being able to join the channel manually, I'm back to the "Player Aanuvane not found on channel server". I did try logging the one account all the way out and back in. I'll try again after logging all my accounts out later. Checking the channel from another character, at least this time I'm not showing as if I am in the channel when I am not.
  13. Saroc_Luclin Augur

I'm seeing a similar problem, and I'm pretty sure the serverwide channels I'm joining aren't overfull (90% of the time I'm the only one in them).

When I first log in, autojoin seems to connect to them. But then each one starts failing. I get a message:

"You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels" and I'm removed from it.

That happens to all 3 of my autojoin serverwide channels one after the next.

I tried manually joining a channel and it still fails.
  14. Paladin Augur

Same issue on Bertox. I regularly join 4 server wide channels. I have not been able to get into any of them for a few days now.

I see this:

"You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels."
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Hm.. wonder who that was.. ;):)
    Cazic.Elyssanda was having the same problem often as well as those #serverwide channel messages showing up in bright Green instead of the color I had set for the correct channel. I wasn't locked out of eqtraders channel, but man was bard channel bugged for me all through beta on live servers, which was funny because FROM beta I could see that it showed me as logged in from beta as beta.elyssanda and live as cazic.elyssanda, when she wasn't on live at all, as in didn't even have a live instance of EQ up and running.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

This has now started happening on another one of my characters on another account that had been previously autojoining without issue.

Autojoining channels.....
    Channels: 1=serverwide.eqtraders(17)
    You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels.
  17. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Same happens to me and a guildie with "serverwide.thering". Our main characters (antonius.Hsishi in my case) are stuck in the channel. We can join with other toons from Antonius and Test server and each of them see our main chars stuck in the chat channel.

Sometimes I see "{someone} tells #serverwide.thering, '{something}" texts from others, but that's rare.

For serverwide.thering the owner doesn't play anymore, so getting kicked by him / her is unfortunately not an option.
    I petitioned to swap the ownership to its initial creator, but after an initial response which felt like an unrelated automatic response, GM Woebot told me fixing chat channels is something CS can't do.

I don't know if that is an important detail which helps locating the bug: In the past years I used to have moderation permissions in the ring chat, given by the initial owner antonius.Shadowcross.
    Shadowcross can join the server without issues, but doesn't have any privileges anymore.

Is there something we can try? How does the chat server recognize if someone logged out? Maybe that mechanics is broken.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Semi-ot but I was having an issue joining serverwide:bards so I left it, but now I dont remember the pw. Could someone give me the pw. You can message me if you dont want to post it here.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought if they even had a pw then they were all pretty much server wide:bards:bards or ranger:ranger etc
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok I figured it out. Had too many :