Any race any class server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cronar, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Poydras Augur

Yes it is. You are arguing the player really is entitled. The word still has meaning besides as an insult.

And my popup window suggestion clearly states what is "intended". Ogres wielding bard 2.0's is not intended if Daybreak says it's not. You are talking about people buying a product "as is" then complaining anyway because they think their $15 a monthshould net them unlimited hours of dev time to make one special-rules server play the way they imagine it should. Entitlement is the perfect word.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sorry but expecting for things to properly work when you are paying for them is nowhere close to entitlement. If anything you are expressing a serious sense of entitlement in your push for this idea when it is something that the devs said has lots of issues.
  3. Poydras Augur

Maybe you could check your thesaurus and find me a better word then. If it isn't entitlement then what word described the "right" by which players can demand the changes you claim they would deserve? And where does it come from? Is it moral? Legal? D&D dungeonmaster rules? We're going in circles otherwise.

This logic seems bizarre to me that they can *increase* the amount of things you can do in a game, taking nothing away. And in your mind this requires them via some unwritten law to suddenly be on the hook to do a bunch more work, regardless what they advertise or promise about the things you can do in the game at this point.

I'm not pushing daybreak, I'm trying to push the rest of you off their case.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean add things to the game that would be immediately reported as broken and people would report lots of issues around? I don’t think you would ever see them add in race/class combinations that they don’t have working models/animations for such as trolls/ogres and robe animations. Why would you think they would want to do something that could be used to claim that they don’t care about the quality of the game?

As for your claim about increasing the things you can do in the game I fail to see how adding more race/class combinations adds anything to the game other then being able to play a different race/class combination that you haven’t been able to in the past. In the end the game will still end up being exactly the same as once it progresses far enough the race you chose means little,
  5. Poydras Augur

I... agree?

Off the top of my head, a bard or wizard with frontal stun-immunity would be worth giving up a lot. The bard 1.0 isn't even race specific. Iksar casters just look cool. Many class 1.0's aren't even that great anyway. By the time 1.5/2.0 roll around you can race-change if you haven't left for a new TLP yet anyway. And not everyone plays to min-max and raid.

I would hope that if the idea is popular Daybreak can open up more and more items. If it isn't, or they don't, you can still tool around with your non-standard alt when you want to try something new. Think of it as a kind of hardcore "gear locked" choice. Actually now that I think about it, maybe they should actually block race changes on the server for the first several expansions.

Animations and graphics have been incomplete forever. Especially since illusions have been in the game from the start.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

None of that is any reason to add more incomplete things to the game and there is no reason to break the lore of the game that limits the race/class combinations that badly when the game is already hurting for content in each new expansion.
  7. Gremin Augur

For some people the idea of any race/class combo sounds fun because its currently unattainable. When a game has been around as long as EQ, then suddenly they do a server with random loot, it opens doors people thought where previously closed. Nothing wrong with spit balling ideas, but one thread for them all would be nice. Also, bringing up these ideas isn't entitlement its just folks being creative because they are probably bored in the game lol.
  8. Triconix Augur

Simple, half fix items and ignore the other glaring issues. Great idea
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.