Wave After Wave

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Feb 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qimble Augur

Some guilds will kick people who get suspended for third party software violations, false positives are really bad for people in that type of guild.
  2. Sup Rog Elder

First of all nobody got BANNED, that is a permanent shutdown of their accounts, they got suspended, meaning a temporary block. I don't use that software, but don't be a goody two shoes, you never did anything wrong? I'm for removing the people botting all day for loot/exp etc, but I think programs like that are why many many people play and I don't think EQ can survive more and more people leaving, it's not pulling in new recruits in any small or large number. I want the game to go on and on, but we need everyone.

I understand the frustration of trying to box a group and it's stressful. I would LOVE a program that could make my other toons mercs for me, how cool would that be!? Too bad DBG can't come up with something like that and make everyone happy. ISB is the only saving grace and the reason I still play. If they mark that program as bad, then I don't think I would have any more interest playing. Even with that, it's frantic, but at least I can control other screens from one screen, not alt tab 50 times a fight, that's not fun.
    Qimble likes this.
  3. Thancra Loladin

This is borderline addiction if you prefer to keep playing in a toxic environement rather than the company taking action to make it stop. If the game has to die because third party users can't run wild and stop giving money, then so be it. You'll get over it eventually if that happens, don't worry...
  4. Sup Rog Elder

How is it toxic? I wouldn't even know these people were using this software. Never affected my time playing. You make it sound like the game is in some bad state because of them and I doubt they have affected your play either. BTW, I play like 3 hrs total a week, so I'm far from addicted lol.
    Tegila likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Whoa, there. You sure you want to put all your eggs in the basket where we differentiate between banned and suspended? Is that really where you want to stand your ground? Stop glossing over the facts and call a spade a spade.

I do plenty wrong. I even use ISB. But I know the consequences. There's this little thing called responsibility. So many people today have gotten used to zero consequences that they're actually shocked when the ban hammer - oh, wait .... the suspension hammer. Did I get that right??? :confused: - comes down on them. If I get suspended or banned I accept it. I knew the risks going in.

There's no mystery here. No conspiracy. I agreed to the EULA when I logged in. And if they decide that ISB is illegal, it's no sweat off my brow. I'll spend my money elsewhere. But you won't hear or read me complaining about it like some spoiled five-year-old.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. dwish Augur

Well, you know you could always group with other people. I know the idea is crazy, I'm just throwing it out there. If the only way to enjoy EQ is via boxing a full party then something is wrong. I understand there are different playstyles, but it's an online game for crying out loud. I never understood the people that play it solely as a single player game. I'm not saying you do, but it's definitely plenty of box crews.
    Thancra likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I agree with most of what you're saying here. But we diverge on your opinion that an online game *must* include other players. Can't a person enjoy EverQuest in their own way and by their own constraints rather than how you feel they should enjoy it? Maybe they lack social skills but love EverQuest. Or perhaps they are fully capable of socializing but lack the time to commit to LFG? Or maybe their life requires frequent, unpredictable, repetitive AFKs and they don't want to inconvenience others (if they actually find a group).

Just because YOU feel EverQuest should be enjoyed a certain way doesn't give you license to force your views on others.
    Tegila likes this.
  8. Sup Rog Elder

I used to group long ago, but my time is VERY limited, maybe 30mins here or there. I mostly login to the bazaar, looking for deals. I probably play less in a month than most do in a day. I don't have 2hrs+ to commit to a group, wish I did, but I don't anymore. My wife gives me the evil eye when I'm on for 15 mins lol. Last time I grouped was to kill Zlandicar and it was fun. Nice not to have to control so many guys, but also kinda boring playing one guy, no idea how anyone could do that.

I don't have to box a full party and sometimes just box a few when I can actually login to play, but I like to get all my toons exp, if I'm going to have time to play. I know how EQ USED to be and you could go to a zone like L guk and say 45 paladin LFG, but it's not like that now. Not saying it is impossible, just too much work. I like the thrill of boxing also, it's more fun to have so much going on.
  9. Burdi Augur

They might have based their new detection method on a fact, you completed those ridiculously repetitive rewards.
    I think a good cheating spot check should be have you leveled the tears of Alaris.
    If you did l, you should be flag as a presumably cheating, or absolutely stupid.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

How does tears of alaris make you a cheater?
    I spent hours in shards landing collecting fragments (and assisting returning players by letting them group with me for easy xp)
    No cheating involved.
    Kaenneth, Skuz, Schadenfreude and 2 others like this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You think you've seen the dumbest tripe on these forums, then people surprise you with more.
    Act of Valor, Kaenneth, Skuz and 8 others like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well, it would appear that evolution can flow along multiple paths. Some up, and some...
  13. Poydras Augur

I don't think anyone is arguing that a late punishment is best. But late is still better than never. It always works as an example. And it wouldnt be fair to let them get away with it (while punishing others today) just because daybreak was too busy at the time to follow through with the suspensions.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

I'm not a fan of ISB or its ilk but I very HIGHLY doubt that DPG would just start suspending/banning people for using it and it's foolish to think they even would without some prior communication to the players.
    They know how ubiquitous it is.

What scenario(s) makes more sense? :

1. "A very high percentage of our players use ISB but let's start suspending them right meow; the heck with profits."
    2. "A very high percentage of our players use ISB but its use goes against our vision of how our game should be played. We'll make it known to our playerbase (and the creator(s) of ISB) that a grace period will be in place for everyone to discontinue its use. Continued use after (arbitrary date) will result in account suspensions. Further use will result in permanent bans."
    3. Nobody is getting suspended for simply using stock ISB. "I heard/someone told me/Discord said" is all anecdotal with nothing to back it up. That's all claims being made with no evidence to back it up.
    Raccoo, Tygart and Jumbur like this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If DBG suddenly changed their stance on ISB, then Im sure they would communicate that, before they started suspending players with a vague "cheating"-message that would leave everyone confused.
  16. Tygart Lorekeeper

They put that stuff in there to cover any angle. Imho, if a company wants to ban most of it's player base for boxing who have never had any violations, then they can go bankrupt and they will. Nobody will buy Kronos because what's the point. Every few months someone jealous of people who box complains and floats fa;se rumors. Sure, it's great if they're banning or suspending the afk botter who are on 24/7 like they used to with Brother Island. I would never expect this company or the past companies who ran EQ to ever give any clarity. Every suspension I've seen with players on my server pertained to people exploiting missions or drops knowing something was fishy about it. If it smells bad, it probably is bad.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

[IMG]
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

Seems people always want to be the LDR of the pack.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

The minute any threads are started discussing this they are immediately deleted or moved to a private area. Ask anyone who does raid attendance how many people were suddenly "out of town" or "on a fishing trip" in the last few weeks.
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

Boxing is fine, i've been boxing since the release of Kunark with zero issues using Alt-Tab.
    Bigstomp, Kaenneth and Nennius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.