Wave After Wave

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Feb 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triconix Augur

It's illegal to take a right on red in NYC no matter what.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

We have signs that say "right on red" must stop first and let pedestrians and u turns go first. But other than that we can right on red all day out here in the west!!!!
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It all depends on the area. Some don’t allow it at all while others allow it everywhere. There are places that don’t allow it at some intersections and at others they limit it based on the state of the lights at the intersection such as preventing it when the other way is turning left.

In fact in some areas it is possible to make a left turn on red if you are turning off a one way street onto a one way street.

Though in reality trying to use traffic laws as an example is a bad idea as they are so varied from area to area what is illegal (and they work to stop) in one area is perfectly legal and expected in another.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Everytime I stop on red to turn right when you are required to by the posted sign, and some dilbert starts honking at me, I have to fight the urge to put the car in park and jump out to beat them to death while pointing at the sign.
    Tegila, Tears and Tarvas like this.
  5. McErmmy New Member

A friend of mine had an account suspended for a week and we have no idea why. He doesn't use third party programs, and to his knowledge hasn't done anything that would cause this to happen. I don't know whether he has accepted any task adds, but even if he has, how would he know whether someone was using a banned program?

All of a sudden, I am less inclined to assume people who are suspended are necessarily guilty of something.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Cool story.
  7. Drakang Augur

Banned for a week or suspended for a week same difference. I have no issue with people being punished for doing something they knew was wrong. I do have an issue with random punishment and double punishment for the same offense. If I set up a speed camera capable of catching everybody but I only ticket 10% of them, people will still think they can get away with it. If I give somebody two tickets for the same instance of speeding that is even worse.
    You want to really make it hit people dont do some people. Do everybody and if they are worried people will quit if they are suspended just knock a month off their subscription every time they are caught or expire their krono.
  8. JeffHanson Augur

I see no evidence that there ever was a first or second "suspension wave." There has been zero discussion about this on the usual cheater website forums. Stop spreading these baseless rumors.

This company doesn't want to ban cheaters. They love them. The designers encourage and reward the people who use automation. Some examples are the ultra rare drops that sell for real money and the ridiculous kill counts needed for the evolving items.
    Burdi likes this.
  9. McErmmy New Member

Yeah, I used to be that way too.
  10. Tears New Member

If they are slowly suspending people from months ago systematically even after they stopped then that is super lame.
    Primadonna likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think you should post a cite for that bollocks.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  12. Sup Rog Elder

I agree, at least tell the people what they are suspended for and a date of the infraction or something. The whole point of this is to get people to stop using what you don't want them to, not guess and wonder what is going on. These aren't evil people, well the auto bot people are lol, but this game really relies on boxing now and they don't have much in game to help make that easier and more fun.

The timing obviously was right before the new raids opened up, both times recently, probably figured it would be the most visible then. But you have to let someone know what they did against your policy and when it happened, so they know not to do it anymore. I haven't seen anyone disappear, but don't really hang with many people in EQ.
    McErmmy likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Third party programs are not the only reason you can earn an account suspension/ban for. There are other things you can be doing/taking part in to earn one.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Not likely from months ago considering they did one just before ToL T1 raids opened. Makes for good tinfoil hat fodder though.
    Skuz, Nennius and Svann2 like this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's in the EULA you agree to LITERALLY EVERY TIME you log in. Doesn't matter when you cheated last. Doesn't matter if you regret it. Doesn't matter if someone else cheated and you benefitted.

Cheaters cheat. And now apparently they get banned.

Awesome. :cool:
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Every time:

"It's totally fine. They don't care."
    "It's fine as long as you don't use bad cheats."
    "It's fine as long as you don't cheat in open world ."
    "It's fine as long as you don't cheat in current content."
    "It wasn't me, their detection is bad! False Positive! False Positive!"
    "It wasn't me. I never use any programs!"
    "It wasn't me, I only use [non-cheat program]!"
    "It wasn't me, it must have been my little brother!"
    Skuz, Yinla, Schadenfreude and 6 others like this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

And "My friend got banned but I know he never does any of that"
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is that how Beastlords came to be?

Now back to watching one of the finest movies ever made.

The Magnificent Seven.
    Jein-ko likes this.
  19. Kiras Augur

I remember that years ago (a decade or something?), they started banning people who transferred large amounts of platinum without it being an obvious trade, in an effort to crack down on RMT. To this day, I'm still slightly paranoid about giving plat to my 2nd account from my first one. Of course, the old EULA used to say you could be banned for violating any laws, period. Read literally, you could be banned for getting a speeding ticket.You could also be banned for using notepad to read a log. Of course, they didn't actually ban people for those, but the EULA would have allowed it.

Clarity would be nice. I don't really trust DBG because they're usually bad at communicating and their GMs have slowly gone from awesome to deal with (first few expansions, and original EQ pre Kunark), to DMV-employee just make the petitioner go away attitude.

I'm completely unaffected by these bans, and am not running any cheat stuff. Although I must admit that I freaked out a bit when the login server was messed up and took me 4 tries to get through yesterday. I was worried about a false positive, because I have no idea what actually triggers their bans.
    Sup Rog likes this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I worry less about false positives and more about whether I remembered to flush. It's a game. It's not a life. While I realize many people take the game very seriously - for them it's probably time to call it something else....
    Nennius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.