Hardcore TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Blerb New Member

Hardcore means slow XP right? It's a lot harder when it takes 3x as long to grind XP, and working harder means your character is more powerful at 50 than on servers with higher XP mods.
  2. Gheed Is not reading your response

Hardcore server in a game where death touch is a mechanic?

kekw
  3. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

PERMA DEATH!!!!!!!!!!! HARD CORE
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

See the post directly above yours.
  5. Artaserse2 Elder

How about another Phinny with Random Loot...
  6. jeskola pheerie

HE SAID HARDCORE!!!!!!!1

How about this:

- no-heal server. Bandages only
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Zipe The Healer

I won't venture myself into defining what I think it's hardcore because everybody will have its own opinion, from PvP to Solo-self-play-perma-death.

All I know is that if it is hardcore it must also be rewarding. And the definition itself of rewarding would be difficult to set since it's so subjective...

If it is not rewarding the servers would be empty.

There must always be balance:
    If you get random loot, you also can free-trade and get extra loot.
    If you get faster unlock time you get more loot and more exp.
    etc.

So I encourage ppl to define what's hardcore and also define how you plan to reward playing on a hardcore server based on your own definition of hardcore.

Good luck with the trollfest!
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

No boxes allowed but double xp.

If the guy running p99 can tell when you're boxing, DPG should be able to.

And they can.
  9. Poydras Augur

I think hardcore player mainly means just hours per week (40+ or something) while casual is like hobbyist hours of 15 or less.

In terms of what they want, hardcore is a gaming addict who wants content as fast as possible to feed the addiction. But as always, it's a case where delaying gratification frustrates them but is needed to keep them hooked. Up to a point of course where they get too frustrated. So there's a careful trade-off there. Casuals want to enjoy the same content for generally the same kinm of enjoyment, but don't have the time so unlocks need to be slower and/or xp faster or they won't get a chance in era or even close enough that it feels like a worthwhile accomplishment.

Hardcore games, on the other hand, had typically means permadeath I thought.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Since you don’t pay for P99 it doesn’t matter if they kick/suspend/ban multiple people playing from the same location. However since EQ is a payed service and you do have families/roommates playing from the same location it is a different issue. There is no way to determine if two instances of EQ on separate computers from the same location are one player boxing or two people enjoying the game together. I know there are plenty of guilds that have couples/family members/roommates all playing as a group which is why it isn’t as easy as you think.
  11. ViciousEQ Elder

The people are clamoring for a server that starts in Underfoot.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

I would play this 100%.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

No clerics, druids, shaman, paladins, SK lifetaps, enchanter mana regen, bard regen songs, or anything. Keep it melee and nuke/dot/debuff spell only. Done!
    jeskola likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Show me on the doll where the mean boxer touched you.
  15. code-zero Augur

I've come to the conclusion that hardcore has nothing at all to do with hours played. TLP's are generally full of people who are piddling about in pickup groups at camps that haven't changed for 20 years mindlessly grinding away for hours on end. What you are describing as hardcore is a sort of derogatory way of describing players who aren't averse to being challenged.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  16. mcsleezy Elder

There is no way they could determine if you were boxing on separate PC's from the same IP or it was you and your friends all playing individual characters from the same IP.

Unless you were using key broadcasting and casting at exactly the same time.

Me naturally boxing 3-4 on separate PC's they would never be able to tell.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Petition them all and let CS sort em out, the Aradune way!
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

PVP Perma Death server. That server would break records. It would be the fastest ever to become a baron wasteland.
  19. Rcbauer Augur

And I know people claiming that and they are 6 boxing.

I think p99 has a process.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Last I heard on P99 people had to file requests to be allowed to have multiple people to play at the same location. You can’t expect Daybreak to require all of its users to file requests to allow for multiple people to play at the same location. In addition it can be tricky to know if others are playing the game if you are in a location such as a college dorm where multiple people might get flagged for the playing at the same location.

It is a lot easier for a free service to deny someone the right to play because they think someone is multi boxing with no hard proof then it is for a paid service that we get from Daybreak. Sure they have a process for doing that but that doesn’t mean Daybreak can use it or that it is fully accurate and catches all boxers.