Throwing Skill not advancing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Musicbox, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Musicbox New Member

Bard throwing skill is at 126/295 and I have thrown over 500 throwing axes yet not a single skill increase. Is there something stopping advancement?
  2. Thash Zoner

There are some criteria for advancement. Target has to be green con or higher, though lb+ works better. The thrown item has to actually hit it. And it can't be another player, though their pets and mercs should work fine.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you purchased any AA for throwing mastery?

And what level are you?
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

I go to arena and throw at my merc.
  5. Musicbox New Member

on progression server that is in pop atm. 65 max lvl, np throwing aa's for bard at the current time. have thrown around 800 throwing axes at LB and DB in group and solo also. nothing brings up the skill. no obstancles blocking the throwing path
  6. Endiment Scale Tailed

Is the item you are throwing “Magic” and does your target require a magic item to hit it?
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Musicbox New Member

no message saying immune to weapon so magic item not needed.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Have you asked others on your server what their skill is?
  9. Kudzus New Member

i am having the same issue with throwing - have tried the skill a few hundred times with no advancement. only way i can get it to move is with a guildmaster trainer for my class (cleric)

i have thrown mostly shissar fangs from my dusty soriz worker poinch - have also tried a few others with no success in raising this skill. currently throwing is at 20 with a max of 460.

guild has no issues and think i may be bugged?

let me know if i am missing something.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

When the mob body type reconciliation happened, "magic" was removed as a weapon flag. In fact, if I recall it was this change that necessitated the body type overhaul.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

What class? As a mage, throwing skill takes foooorrrrreeeeeverrrrrrr, and yes it can take > 100 throws for 1 skill. What are you throwing against and in what zone? Non combat zones won't skill, like the combat dummy in your GH. Also, its either pets or mercs, but one of those won't skill up throwing. I know for throwing I did bring an alt to the arena and either use their pet or their merc for skillups. And as was previously listed above, green con and above, and it has to hit.