How I Play Overseer. How do you play?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jcleric, Jan 31, 2022.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I have definitely gone all-in on Tetradrachms in the past and probably will again in the future... mainly for the rez tokens. I can't accumulate Loyalty Tokens quick enough to fulfill my need for rez tokens (raiding), so I have to resort to using Tetradrachms despite them being extremely expensive.
    Elyssanda and Gialana like this.
  2. Gialana Augur

I've gone to perhaps the other extreme. I almost always choose the lowest ranked agent that will fill a slot. So if the quest requires a job rank of 3, I'll pick the first uncommon agent listed. The reasons are just as you stated. Often, the lower ranked agent will give the same success rate or will be 1 to 3% lower. And I don't want to run out of elite agents for quests that might appear in the next rotation.

The only time I've used an elite agent in a job level below 5 is if they are the only available choice, and I really want to do that quest (probably because it's an uncommon, rare, or elite quest).
    Jumbur and Jcleric like this.
  3. Talif Augur

I typically log in twice a day to run missions, I work from home and just set a timer on my phone. It drops to the bottom of my list of priorities, though, so it doesn't always happen twice each day.

Early on I focused on recruiting whenever possible until I got close to one of each agent. Now I only collect new agents if I get a critical success (and then I convert extras to higher levels/elite echoes).

Once I started getting Elite echoes, I mostly used them to level up the job types I didn't run as much (the 6 hour ones, typically). Now they just sit. I wouldn't be mad at a way to convert them to exp or something....

Otherwise I just run 12h jobs the majority of the time for exp. I will eventually switch to collection/tradeskill tasks once exp caps. Once you have all of your missions types leveled to 5 you get the same exp for jobs with the same hour count (modified for rarity).

95% of the time I take the first agent choice for the job, though I'll check for a lower tier one if it defaults to an elite and isn't the top slot in the mission. Sometimes if the drop from elite to another tier is more than a % or two I'll just skip to the next job.
  4. ptah Augur

General speaking I focus on 12H missions, morning AM PM style, if I forget I forget. This largely shared how I use Overseer, I will ramp up on 24H stuff if plan to be away. And will only use the 6H if have nothing else.

Level 5 and feels I got all the agents but dont really care or know either.

Rewards? Besides the raw xp, and alt collection gems, I dont see much. I do rez tokens that rarely use or if I see someone in general that chasing Ornaments I offer to gift them. This to me is largest missing point of view with the process. Rewards the NPC offer, *to me, appear suck so bad I give them away. As I see it, this suppose a RMT trap process, but rewards dont offer that, so maybe its a good thing? I dont know, but if I was the bald, hairy foot, female beard wearing NPC developing this stuff, I could put a little more frosty on the cake to improve sales at bake sale.
  5. Burdi Augur

I don’t play it.
    Don’t see see the point except for saving the pain of farming crafting stuff.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Windance Augur

I typically run overseers 2 or 3 times a day. Once in the morning then before/after raids. I like to take 12hr tasks even though they slowly get out of sync. The XP gain from this at the start of the expansion was huge. Now most everything is capped at 99% and its just wasted XP. I have recently switched to collections but not sure I want to play the land of 1000 clicks to get them finished.
  8. Drakang Augur

Recruit mission always until you get all or almost all of the agents. Can fill in since you get agents on critical success doing other things. For me it's a fast way to make up for XP lost on raids so I can focus on AAs.
    Heck I know people that use it on alts to level them up when they are not playing them. When you figure that you can pull in 5-10%xp a day for 5 mins twice a day it's great for people that have less play time.
    For people that did not spend all the time hunting collectibles then it's a great way to go find those missing bits. After that I would say research missions for paper for those trying to work research up to 350 is huge. Finally, some currency for rez tokens if I don't need anything else.

Have all the agents and all the type maxed out in level except Recovery since it's not that big a deal to wait for one to come back. Although you can get extra agents along with the one you recovered.