Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Earl New Member

Nothing like getting ported into wos and your group gets split into 3 different picks so instead of just having to run straight to mpg from the midpoint you have to pick everyone over and start from the NC zone line. My travel time has increased by a lot now and it makes me not want to even get on the game.
  2. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

just some food for thought. discord went down yesterday. they updated us like every 10-15 minutes on exactly what they were doing, what went wrong, and assuring us that the whole team was on it. i pay $0 for discord. i don't want to even count how much i pay for this one, and all we get is one post from one dev spittin in our mouth in just over a week now. which is better than what we get sometimes.
    Willowflower and yepmetoo like this.
  3. NoeChance New Member

How about we fix this already. It is nice to know you are looking at improvements but this is getting old fast. I'm tired of my boxes being spread out over multiple picks. If annoying your customer base was the aim of this change, congratulations you nailed it.
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  4. phaeril Augur

It's weird that it needs to be said that splitting up a group on zoning is bad.

Splitting groups up for balancing is bad... just balance the first toon in the zone then put the rest of the group with them, how hard can that be?
  5. Nenton Augur

And that comment wasn't even actually from a dev. Granted it looks like Accendo's post was from the notes he took while in a meeting with devs but it's quite clear he personally has no idea the impact this has on the game right now (we're trying to use /pick to escape death? ok, buddy).

Massive wastes of 5 minute chunks of everyone's time just waiting on pick timers to expire.

Here's another suggestion: stop giving us 5-minute pick timers when the pick we tried to go into is preventing people from joining due to current capacity. I don't know where else this happens but it definitely happens in Muramite Proving Grounds. /Pick fail, grats on another 5 minute wait trying to get together with people to, you know, play the game.
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  6. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

my mind is totally boggled trying to come with why it could be taking so long for a fix or even a decent reply. im in absolute shock that they're okay with leaving their product broken like this, without an explanation to their customers, or even a word at all. its BROKEN. its an eyelash away from unplayable. the message we're getting is "thats okay. who cares. keep sending money." if thats not the message you want to be sending then you should probably set us straight on that.. like a week ago soon. this is absolutely inexcusable.
    Willowflower and Earl like this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Here is a fun scenario. You get to camp and start pulling. One guy goes link dead. When he logs back in but he is in a different pick in the same spot, only there isn't a group there. Now they are dead. Rest of group can change picks and fight down to camp, or they can just boot him and that person is SOL.
    Treage_Imminent and Abhorsan like this.
  8. Earl New Member

I completely feel you on that, also you know what is fun, traveling these old zones in velious and kunark and before they use to have a high threshold to make a pick now my team forces a pick and gets split into every zone I go into. ports are useless now because i just have to pick over to the zoneline anyways to meet up with everyone
    Willowflower and Gnothappening like this.
  9. Willowflower New Member

What outcry?

No one asked for a free escape. We just want to be in the same pick as other members of our group and raid, that isn't too much to ask for. An example of this: A friend invited me to a group and I ran out to the zone he was in, and ended up in the base pick of the zone instead of the one he was in, despite the fact that we were grouped. That is one of the tamer examples, a considerable amount of my guildies have box teams they run, and several box 2-3 box on raids. This change hampers their game play and makes it take longer to set up on raid nights.

This change is bad for the game. Period. Making it harder for people to group and raid will only make people not want to play. Also, maybe consider that people are frustrated before replying, because how you addressed this is rude. A more sympathetic approach would have gone over better.
  10. Triconix Augur

Hold steady devs. I'm enjoying this thread
  11. Stratka Lorekeeper

The salt when the new TLP goes live and groups are separated while leveling up is going to be epic. Cleric DCs, logs back in to a different pick and dies, meanwhile, the group wipes due to no cleric. Going to be fun!
  12. Trialityu New Member

How is this not a top priority yet? Been what almost 2 weeks tried doing a raid last night. Everyone was separated by 5 different instances. People are frustrated talking about going somewhere else.
    Willowflower likes this.
  13. verbatim Elder

Had a main warrior LD during a raid the other day and then log back in to die to the mobs up in the pick.

I am at pains to understand why this wasn't reverted the first day it was patched in, there is no way the problems this was intended to address are worse than the continuous pain this change has imposed on nearly every player.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Refusing to admit a mistake and then actually doubling down on that mistake, as if they intended for it to happen all along, has become standard procedure for the devs over the last 2-3 years.

I don't know why they do it, or what pupose they think it serves, or whether it's a mandate from higher up the food chain, but it needs to stop. Just admitting they screwed up and fixing it in a timely fashion would earn a lot more goodwill with the players than these mealy-mouthed explanations.

I don't play on a TLP server, but I am concerned over their response to this, because ultimately it affects us all. The way they're handling this issue (much like they let the problem with Overseer linger for a month while they were on vacation) should be disturbing to every player, not just those on the TLP servers.
  15. Vicious EQ Elder

Reminder to "Like" the first post in this thread so it gets their attention. Apparently that is the metric their team uses to decide what's important.
  16. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

and thats exactly right. the most troubling thing about this is their response, or lack thereof. they don't give even a third of a hoot about us. anyone on a tlp is paying for this, and id venture to guess the vast majority of live players are paying too. not only paying, but one of the higher sub costs out there. we don't expect perfection, and we don't expect these guys to never make a mistake. what we do expect tho is communication. we expect them to test these things, and if it makes it to us broken, we damn sure expect them to address it. those are fair expectations. if they're not being met all we can do is stop giving them money. cuz theres gonna be a next thing, and they're gonna leave us hanging like they always do. then a next thing, so on down the line. they won't listen to reason, but they have no choice but to listen to the decimal point on the bottom line when it moves to the left a couple spots. they're taking advantage of the fact that they have the most fiercely loyal community of mmo players out there. and, its disgusting to watch.
    Willowflower likes this.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

This is now the #2 bug report by votes. Eclipsed only by the pet dps issue. Again, if there was some way this worked to our advantage it would have been fixed day one. I'm getting that "if we want a fix, we need to figure out an exploit in the current setup" feeling again.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

19. Tweakfour17 Augur

And just like that it was no longer the #2 bug =/
  20. theonepercent Augur

Got tired of being reminded of how awful the decision was every time you looked at the bug forum so moved it to a place easier to ignore?
    Please explain how events being incompletable because they force you to zone and you get put into a pick where the event doesn't spawn isn't a bug.