But wait there's more ideas!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Evye Augur

I searched and couldn't find the old QOL thread?

Anyway I had 2 QOL ideas:

Idea 1
    What about having the old LFG tool tied to when mercs are out?
    So if you are have 1 or maybe 2 mercs in group, your group is automatically put in groups looking for players tab of the LFG tool. SO in the tool it would list what groups have mercs up what mercs they have and maybe avg group lvl is and who is the leader. This at least opens the doors for LFG people to ask if they can fill in for a merc.

Idea 2
    Barter NPCS: NPCS that buy lower level items (like old collects) that most people don't bother putting on trader bc they are worth like under the threshold of whatever is worth while to most baz traders. These NPCs would buy select items higher than a normal merchant npc automatically resell the items at a small markup. But would have 1000+ slots for such items that would reset on server reset. Kind of like a last chance shop?
  2. Mossaa Augur

1. I would not like that the system did tell other people that I play/have my mercs in group and so on. I would just need to put that system on ignore if that did happen. I group if I want and if I use my mercs I do not want to group

2. if the value is so low, then trash it. If players do not want to sell it because it has to low value, why should DB make a vendor for you to use? And how should DB know that a collect or similar have gotten to this low price? or should they just make a fixed price just now at 10 plat? or 100 plat or 1000 and so on?
  3. Evye Augur

Fair points Mossaa. Thanks for replying.
    1st makes sense to have the ability to disable it too.
    2nd the way baz works now If you have 100 slots pricing them can be a huge time sink.
    If by default they bought all collection items for 1000pp.
    I suppose a mass pricing button would solve the time sink too.
    Maybe it’s not really an issue but sometimes I feel like there are items that don’t make it in the baz Bc of low value that people still find useful.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just some thoughts:

There is a reason collects can not be sold to NPC - not sure what it is but it would be great if they were saleable to them.

However, in the baz at any given time if you filter to see "collects" and price range 0 to 5 plat and then change the "show results" from 20 to 200 then you will see hundreds of low priced collects. Under 5 plat easy. So what I am saying here is that I think even low value collects are put in the baz. Players are greedy and anything that sales for even 1 plat can be found

Some collects are so easy to find that I could make a fast krono every day if I could sell them to an NPC for 1000 plat each.

If you just do a "search" in baz then it returns 80% of the items you are searching for but if you put the filters on then you get much better results and will probably see those low value collects.

As for any other low value items well folks set up in barter and buy them that way.
    Wdor likes this.