QoL Suggestion: Remove need for aug distillers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Nolrog Augur

I have read accounts of people who would just buy a stack of the highest distiller and then not worry about it.
    Wdor and minimind like this.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

That's exactly what I do. According to my Magelo, I had 68 in my top bag 3 days ago. Pretty sure they're still there.

Not really an issue with so many inventory slots nowadays.
  3. Triconix Augur

But I'm Scrooge McDuck. The highest distillers cost more. I'm saving money by going to Geico errrrr buying them all
    Elyssanda, Nennius and Skuz like this.
  4. Windance Augur

I generally buy:

100 x type 10
    100 x type 13
    100 x type 15
    50 x type 18
    30 x type 20
    20 x type 21

Total cost is ~ 15-20k and it usually is good for a fairly long time.

If you go into an expansion and swap every slot for every piece of gear its about 50 aug swaps. Maybe you go through and do T1 -> T2 -> T3 and that's still only 150 augs swaps.

So yes you can get around the annoyance by buying up a bunch of distillers so you have them on hand. Either spread out or going straight with the type 21's .. by why ?

Does having the reagents make it more fun?

Does having 20+ different types add that much flavor to the game?
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Best idea
    Bigstomp, PatCleric and tanith like this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Removing the corpse summon items was probably partly a design decision as they have to keep adding items and whatever else code support every level increase, maybe it was starting to get bloated. They are not adding new distillers so as of now that has been a static resource for a long time.

For the plat sink aspect, who knows, maybe its a non issue any more, maybe the cost is moved elsewhere (higher cost vendor components to pop the armor containers).
  7. Tegila Augur

Augs are a non issue, as said you can get a stack of the highest(unnecessary for most, the most common area 9, 11, 13, 16, and maybe 18 so just bunch of 13s and 18s to do it all) and use on all OR yes there is an AA permutation peddler, aka distiller merchant. Do people really have to swap augs the instant they loot them? Once a day wherever you are, pop the AA one and save bagspace and plat, or buy a stack of the highest one you have an Aug for, and do it whenever at a plat cost.

Yes it's annoying, but augs are supposed to be kinda infused into your stuff, so it would require something to remove, by a realism aspect anyway. Ornaments however, would be like stickers or windowclings and you can peel and restick because they're not embedded, just a costume on top.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Tegila Augur

On the subject of ornaments and augs though, I wish they'd add 1 more mutation or stripping tool to the magus for those old ornaments, so we could change to an Aug instead of a container OR destroy the weapon instead of the ornament if we so choose
  9. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

They already work that way.
    Elyssanda, Laronk and Velisaris_MS like this.