Will TLP Players get Equal Representation on the Community Council?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Herf Augur

Given the way membership is phrased in the announcement, I'm not sure the council will have much effect, period. It seems they're not there to suggest features, but to comment on features proposed by DP.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

That is probably for the best honestly. Input into upcoming features and changes are important.
  3. jeskola pheerie

The PVP and Test Server communities need representation too! And don't forget the Role-Playing server!
  4. Magician9001 Augur

TLPs have been the future of this game for half a decade now. TBH at this point TLPs probably drive as much "New Expansion" revenue as live does.
  5. WokeCat Augur

I mean, shouldn't TLP take priority since 90% of the player base exclusively plays there? It's weird to balance your company or game around a minority, which is something the Dev Team came under fire on more recently when it was discovered they were dumping all of their resources into EverQuest 2, when EverQuest was their main game.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Where did you get the 90% info from? From interviews that are a few years old now it was stated it's close to 50%, when did it swing so hard in favor of tlp?
    Elyssanda and Treage_Imminent like this.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well I wasn't interested before but now...
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Chyron Lorekeeper

You're thinking about this wrong. The connected EQ'ers that are paying "to win" are already doing this. They buy krono from a reseller, and use it to get PL'd 1-40, then 40-60 in the Deep. It is already happening.

You need to put on your Darkpaw finance director hat and figure out how you can improve player experience while generating income. It's a business. Can you redirect some of those PL funds to Darkpaw? You easily can. And getting to 51 when everyone is already 60 working on AA's is hardly pay to win. It's pay to catch up.

People who are returning and see a TLP is already in Luclin often join and feel left behind, or "wait until the next TLP". That is uncollected revenue.

For the people already at 60 who "did it the hard way", they are benefited by having a population swell behind them as people pay to catch up. This bolsters the server when it hits LDON and the population begins to shrink.

You just have to start thinking about how to make this nostalgic love we have an actual business model, or eventually we are all going to be stuck on emulated servers.
  9. code-zero Augur

The highlighted would be addressed in their anti-cheat efforts
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Of course there's plenty of overlap! I just hear this "TLP causes nerfs to live players" parroted a lot, but when I ask what specifically I don't seem to get any answers. I'm assuming Mesil is still compiling his list.
  11. brickz Augur

I'll start:
    epic multi quests
    charming rare con mobs
    gating with charmed mobs
    low level charm dps
    enchanter color stun timer
    picking to succor point instead of where you are

translocating in combat got blamed on TLPers but I don't think the devs ever explained why they changed it
    Elyssanda and code-zero like this.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Enchanter stun timer is a good one, agreed there. Not sure what I missed with epic multiquests, they still work afaik. The rest of those are good changes for all eras imo.
  13. Aegir Augur

The devs have been pretty silent in this matter, so I don't know for sure. But past The Burning Lands... Mobs charmed by enchanters are now completely useless, they can't hold agro at all...

As a matter of fact, their own sword + shield pets have better tank/dps properties. The timing with all the huge complaints on TLP about Charm pet DPS and then make charming mobs obsolete on live, can't help myself from putting on my tin-foil hat.

Ironically, charm pets on TLPs are still OP tanks and still deliver good dps (They forgot to nerf the charm dps on some charmable mobs in Sebilis too).
  14. Glowerss Augur

I'm not sure what epic multiquests you're referring too, AFAIK most (all?) of the multiquests that worked before still work, with the exception of them fixing Shaman epic.

I'd also say that the overall net changes for epics in general has been a positive one due to TLPs. Most of the epics make way more sense and are way less aggravating than they were historically

Charming rare con mobs is only nerfed in like, classic and Kunark? Maybe Velious? It sure doesn't seem to apply after that though. Some of the best charm pets in Tactics are rare flagged mobs and are all still charmable.

Similarly, the low level charm dps "nerf" is basically a nonfactor. It only applies in practice to a few overperforming mobs in Kunark. Otherwise charm pets perform just as well as they always have, which is to say too well.

It's also amusing that you point out the pick zone nerfs, when the whole reason pick zones came out was TLPs.

TLPs have also provided live servers with Agents of Change, which I think most people can agree with is a fantastic addition.

All in all, I'd say the developers have done a reasonably good job of making changes on TLPs that by and large only apply to TLPs without negatively impacting live.

YMMV though I guess.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Community Councils never matter anyways. Mostly for reasons like this from ToL Beta:

Ngreth Thergn
    Developer
    I want to reiterate more simply.

Thanks for all of the bugs reports and feedback. Even if you felt we ignored it, we didn't ignore feedback. We disagreed, or didn't have the time to make the adjustments. We also, in some cases, got diametrically opposed feedback, so... we had to decide, so that you can also chalk up to "disagreed" (we agreed with the other!)

You were heard.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...nkful-for-this-year.279100/page-2#post-408657
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm not real sure what kinds of concerns a community council would bring that can't already be seen (and discussed) on this forum. The same people expressing concerns here would be the same ones on this "council".

Why waste time and resources for a special thing to read complaints and feedback when they can already do that now, if they ever chose to actually read the forums instead of just trolling them for ideas on things they can nerf?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are things that they can’t discuss on the forums but can present to the CRC due to the NDA that is signed by that group.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, considering that whatever additions/changes they make to the game would affect EVERYONE, and not just a few select people, I would rather they have all of the discussions out in the open so that everyone can see and contribute. The concept of an NDA in this regard is moronic.

Putting together a privileged group of players (chosen by Daybreak, mind you) for behind-closed-door discussions where raid guilds can easily make deals or infulence the devs is not my idea of transparency.
  19. Vicious EQ Elder

If you don't put in an app I'm forging one for you in your name...get movin. EQ needs you.
  20. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Lol