Type 3 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Seamus, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Kazint Augur

But there's also those tradeskilled augs to buy. I sold a krono to be able to afford things. What's my alternative? Playing the game outside raids? :confused:
    Moege, Jennre and Svann2 like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Krono on FV is like 5m. It’s all cost versus time plus addiction.
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  3. chocster Lorekeeper

How about the original question....
    "WHERE ARE THE STONES..."
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

"The man likes to play Everquest, Let's get him some Rocks ( type 3 ) " ... Red

Possibly not a direct quote but close enough!
    Newb Tank likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its supposed to be a plat sink and expensive. Type 3s and the purity augs were all described as "luxury" items by the devs.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe they are an upcoming TS recipe
    :p
  7. chocster Lorekeeper

I'll summarize the "where are the augs"
    1. non "cool aid drinking players: "Hey...where are our type 3 augs or new potions, The expansion has been out for enough time now"

2. Coolaid drinking players: "Obviously with COVID and the fact that developers are short staffed, it might take a while for them to come out so, so give the developers and company some slack. I love developers and give them passes on everything.
    How dare you complain, you suck!"

3. Developers: "Hey boss, do you want us to get to the Everquest type 3 aug coding or tradeskill potions yet?"

4. Company: "Do not begin coding type 3 augs in Everquest, We got the money from the expansion, We are developing a new game and project. Just put out some diversion head line news, and keep the frogs occupied as the water heats up."
    Straahdx, Moege and Fenthen like this.
  8. Hekaton Augur

as for the potions they were completed but held back for a future release.
    next expansion maybe?
  9. Warpeace Augur

Shocking no Dev responds pertaining to this subject. Two months after expansion release:rolleyes:.

/sarcasm off

Where are my type 3's?!?!?!
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Tegila Augur

It costs a million pp per toon to buy slot 3s, all your rki spells, and make dropped armor, once. A second set of armor adds another 4-500k (with slot3s if available both times) People with bad luck getting rkii to drop then spend 100k-1m per spell for those, and either bad luck, permacamping, or lack of time/energy the collections- about 160-240 per expansion. The one dude's right: there is no plat entering the game at high levels, not really. All the plat is trickling UP from lower levels where all the gems and vendertrash drops.

Pure melees definitely have the good side of this being that they only get a handful of discs comparatively and I think fewer slot3s. A rogue can then just run around grabbing groundspawn collects and make their $$ back asap lol.
  11. Qimble Augur

Anyone buying all their rank 1 spells needs to try and meet some people to play with regularly. By the time you're done farming all your type 5s you should have excess runes even with terrible luck. It only makes sense to buy your most important / biggest upgrade spells/discs as rk1s for use until you get the drops. (and even then, gotta double check to see if the lack of type3s makes them an actual upgrade)

I guess if you're planning to skip the type5 grind buying runes makes sense, but otherwise even in a level cap expansion I can't see buying the runes at inflated early prices instead of waiting a few months for them to come down.
  12. Tegila Augur

What type 5 grind? It's not like there's a nonlore farmable one like in CoV, no you gotta do missions to "farm type 5" and they have lockouts, and don't exactly drop 6 of everything to share amongst a group do they. Agree on some rk I spells, like bard dots without the slot3s it's pointless, but plenty still are upgrades, or don't even exist in rank ii anymore...I never understood that. That was one of the perks of gold/journeyman mercs: rkii buffs from them, and rkiii buffs mgbd by raiders. Some spells you have no choice but to get rki, like mez and charm and buffs and anything else without a bigger CoV slot3 than i's upgrade. How many buffs do rangers get in 5 levels? Oh let's see...not sure I can counted on both hands even.
  13. Qimble Augur

By the time you have done enough missions to fill all your type 5s you should have won plenty of spell runes. The number of buffs that most classes get are pretty reasonable, and not a large plat sink.

Re: the removal of rk2 buffs, I get where you're coming from but it's reallllly annoying if only one person has a rk3 buff which means no one else can overwrite/refresh it. Switching them to non-ranked spells was probably the right move from a QoL perspective.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm A tempting conspiracy theory there.
  15. Tegila Augur

By the time I've done enough missions to (re)fill my slot5s the next expansion be out. 11-12 runs apiece? What would even be the point in having no new spells the entire time? CoV system for slot5s was much better imo, and I'm not that worried about swapping them all, not that much of a minmaxer anymore, and even if I was, no way I'd do 150+ missions for it either.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

No....
    3 runs or 11-12 missions. No one calls a single mission a run.
  17. Dragnath Elder

???
  18. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Obviously someone does…
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

3 runs for an aug is nothing. Trying to call it 12 runs is just misleading.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Oh, no no. I bought all rank 1s on my characters, and then proceeded to sell all rank 2 runes that I've gotten along my adventures, making quite a hefty bag of platinum in return. Since I raid, I'm just going to skip right to rank 3, and cut out the rank 2 middleman. There is a spell or two I'm not even using yet due to lack of type 3 augs.
    Yinla likes this.