Increase Bazaar Trader cap from 1k plz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Unknownplayer, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Unknownplayer New Member

Getting RLY fed that i cant get my trader up because tehres a maxixum of 1000 trader cap
    Cmon fix this, often i sit and spam click for 20mins just too get a trader seat!!!!!!!
  2. Unknownplayer New Member

While you at it put the max currently sell price 2million up too.....
    Elite_raider likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess the cap is there to prevent the bazzar and server from having performance issues due to being overloaded by the number of traders, in fact the limit used to be lower.
  4. WokeCat Augur

I think it's funny anytime someone brings this up, forum posters always imply that it would be a virtual impossibility to update this in a game that is 35 years old. Or that even if a change was implemented that it would take years to develop... like c'mon, dude.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

No clue about the 1k cap, that's likely able to be increased theoretically but maybe not functionally due to zone load. The plat cap is a function of how the Baz was coded (using copper values instead of plat) so not as simple as changing a field to a larger number. No clue how much work it'd be. Either it's alot or the potential for a truly game breaking bug to come out of it is high enough that they haven't attempted it yet. Not sure why you think they don't do it if it's so easy?
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'd really like to see weapons for sale as NFT's while we're at it. Original Yak is something you can pass down to your kids (cats).
  7. Captain Video Augur

The 2M plat limit has been an annoyance for years, all players complain about it, Live servers are affected just as much. I believe it's one of those things which will be easy enough for the devs to finally deal with once the 64-bit server code is live, which is happening very soon. Patience is a virtue!

The 1K trader limit is a different story, as it's dictated by server performance. If they commit the entirety of server resources to traders, there isn't anything left over for people to actually, you know, play the game. There is a cap to the number of simultaneous players who can login per server as well, it is usually in the 4-5K range, depending on that server's era. More traders = less players doing something/anything else. This is the big downside of the random loot ruleset. Near-infinite loot means a much higher % of the playerbase wants to set up a trader, and since the servers can't fully support that, someone/something has to queue. If you don't like the limitation, you can always play on a different TLP with a different ruleset.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Bazaar pickzones AND enable remote buying straight to parcel as soon as Luclin unlocks.

I'm surprised the /bazaar window doesn't crash with 1000 traders in the dropdown already tbh, come a long way from Phinny crashing us at 300+.
  9. Zansobar Augur

So why don't they just get rid of the trader system altogether and just allow you to purchase through the UI (you already can)? They could easily create an auction house system using the same mechanisms they currently have but by cutting out the trader portion.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Bizarre pick zones? So you're saying a lot of people have their noses up over this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

As long as the pickzones have a 10 minute timer.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Never said anything about updating it or not, just stated why I thought they had a limit and the fact that it used to be lower.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From my understanding they have been using 64 bit variables for a while for such things as NPC health which is supported by the bug that some NPC’s went past 5 billion HP as a result of the recent expansion. I think that the issue with the 2 million plat issue is more about the scope of the change as it will impact a large number of things then the game being upgraded to 64 bit.