QoL Suggestion: Remove need for aug distillers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

Why should we need to have augment distillers to move augments around?

Doing away with the bird baths to move augs was HUGE.

Lets finish the job and get rid of the distillers as well.
    Aanuvane, Laronk, Shindius and 5 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The only reason I can think that they are still in is for the plat sink like they have scattered thru out the game - like the delivery fee on baz purchases.
    Wdor, Skuz and minimind like this.
  3. Windance Augur

The plat sink from the distillers are fairly trivial unless its the type XX or XXI .

I'd wager the plat sink for summoning corpses in the lobby was significantly larger and thankfully they did away with those.
    Wdor, Aanuvane, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Especially after they reduced the prices on the distillers, about 10 years ago, maybe. They used to be about 6-8 times more expensive than they are now.
    Skuz, MasterMagnus and Fenthen like this.
  5. MrMan New Member

I agree. It's just a 100% annoyance now. The plat it takes out is almost nothing. I'd rather pay 1Mpp for a perma aug remover lol.
    Wdor, Skuz, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

It also takes up inventory space for all of my guys, so that I can swap augs as I get them instead of bagging and hitting the guild hall once per week to swap them around.
    Shindius likes this.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Ahhhh I just destroy the old aug when I get a new one to replace it. What could go wrong? :rolleyes:
    Yinla, Wdor, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  8. Triconix Augur

I keep a stack of every distiller in a bag. Refill it every couple expansions. Done
    minimind and Svann2 like this.
  9. Riou EQResource

If you buy a stack of the highest distiller it also works on any aug required below that so you just need the highest distillers if you wanna use minimum space, and that should last quite awhile

If you aren't going to re-use the aug it is actually generally a good idea to delete it to limit your inventory space used to not bog down your zone loading time
    Shindius and CatsPaws like this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why destory it? Do what everyone does with old gear...tribute it.
  11. Bernel Augur

The loyalty vendor sells a "Perfected Augmentation Distiller" for 432 crowns. Maybe consider adding the same item to the Overseer vendor. He already sells the same "Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner" like the loyalty vendor does. For whatever reason he sells the unattuner, it seems like the distiller would also be justified.
    Wdor, minimind and Angahran like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Isn't there a vet reward aug distiller vendor? I thought I remembered using it a couple of times. Used just like the vet reward banker and merchant.
    minimind likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Hear! Hear! Time to eliminate all aug distillers. And grant the ability to move type 3's
    PatCleric, MrMan, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  14. bortage spammin lifetaps

just make it cost raw plat to remove augs and make the cost based on the required level of the aug so it scales into the future
    Wdor, Skuz, PatCleric and 2 others like this.
  15. Windance Augur

While I don't mind the plat cost, I'd rather see the whole thing scraped just to make it more streamlined.

Make it work like the ornamental stuff.
    PatCleric likes this.
  16. MrMan New Member

They can just figure out a less annoying way to tax us.
    PatCleric likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

I mean the plat for the most expensive one is a non issue. The real problem is we need 20 different types of distillers and you gotta look at the Aug blah if they just made the xxi or what ever the best merchant one is work on any lesser Aug most of us would only buy that one.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Controls on any economy are important. But aug distillers are a complete redaction of what I consider fun. They are pointless. Even the Devs think so. Most modern augs all use the same distiller. Why? Because devs are tired of maintaining the system of assigning different distillers to the varying levels of augs.

Time to cut this system loose and let it sink to the bottom.
  19. Riou EQResource

That's how it has worked for the past like 5 years, you can buy the highest augment distiller and it will remove augs of any type below it
    Wdor, Tegila and PatCleric like this.
  20. MrMan New Member

I like to sometimes swap augs in and out, to see what stats change or different situations. Yes, you can buy a 100 stack of XVIII removers, but it's just pointless now and an annoyance.
    Fenthen and PatCleric like this.