Community Resource Council is Relaunching!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotfox New Member

2. Hotfox New Member

I think I would make a good member of this council. I always have fun suggestions for the game that I doubt would take much recoding. You can look me up if you want. I have 2 mains, both SHM, but ready to have a serious ENC for warfare and trade skills. Maybe you find Sharml or Jayalejandro on the Vox server. Would be awesome to be on Beta servers. Hi guys :)
  3. Mashef Augur

I think this is really cool. Diversify the pool of people who have input so it's not always the same few people. Great job DPG. Looking forward to the application and vetting process.
  4. cromgod New Member

hi kavrill 119 warrior i belive i will be a good member of thes council as i got a lot of fead back on what pepols are mission out on r want back in the game again thanks in front from kavrill
  5. Tuho Always a Druid at heart

Some seriously great initiatives being taken here. With the memory upgrade, EQ Roadmap and now CRC we are well on our way to improving the game for everyone.

Thanks all! Keep up the good work, and good luck to the applicants for CRC :)
    Shindius likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There are probably only a few people this relates to at this point in the game, when you consider the "posting history" part of the requirements, hah.

Even nice guys like Sancus have trashed the devs on these forums pretty harshly =P
  7. Cadira Augur

Unfortunately the truth hurts!

I'd hope the devs would want people on the crc team that tells it like it is instead of a bunch of "yes men". People from the community who clearly know what they're talking about are probably good picks for a part of the team.

We shall see!
    Ssdar, Elyssanda, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I very much doubt the post history requirement will be used against people who provide constructive dissent or criticism. If one does not agree with a mechanic, I doubt they will be automatically disqualified.

The post history requirement will weed out folks who tend to be unreasonable or combative. It will also weed out people who launch ad hominem or personal attacks against other players, the staff, studio, or company. It may apply against people whose strong opinions frequently generates unrest (it goes against both a intransigent critic or apologist).

The Community Resource Council is more akin to a working or testing group than a political forum (i.e. Cabinet or Senate). The CRC is not the launchpad to be a pseudo-executive for Darkpaw Games from the comforts of the couch. I very much doubt politicking or pushing an agenda will be tolerated. And rightly so.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

I'm not sure there criteria they look at when making decision who they want.

But I think having knowledge of other MMO's besides EQ is good thing too.
    I'd say EQ is the first MMO they played but they played other MMO's too, come back every now and then, and came back recently. Is the people I'd pick. Along with other criteria's to be diverse.

If its about design decisions, I recently made a thread about wilcher rifinuse items. I thought that was the person to get the TBM group gear, but apparently its the person in PoH. Very odd design decision to not go over it in notifications when I reach 75 to do this quest for the armor. And not let me know where the vendors are so its a guessing game. If you know what to type in allakhazam you can figure it out, but if you don't know. You're stuck thinking something is broken or wrong.

I don't know the discussion about TBM armor, but if it was me, I'd have it reversed, the person in PoH has the raid faction required items and wilcher rifinuse has the no faction required items.
    Also, what was the discussion on with the faction required vendor, wilcher rifinuse? Why is 75 unlocked when 105, all the levels unlock at sametime? Very odd.

But again, I'd think people who have multiple MMO's experience is a good resource because I think EQ is missing minigames, like Jumping puzzles, racing, etc. EQ to me seems stuck in rinse and repeat phase. Same items, same spells, upgraded. Same concept again, just new place to do it. Then you have other games, where you think they did everything, but something new is coming. Mind blown, still innovating.
  10. leaola Journeyman

/GEMS
  11. Mishakaal Journeyman

I would like to apply to help make the game the best it can be and i have tons of ideas and input to make! :)
  12. Accendo Guest

13. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I can't format this to break apart paragraphs/lists :/
  14. Accendo Guest

If you are applying, please give as much detail as you can for each question. There is no character limit.
  15. Vaarsuvius Apprentice

I think the issue is that the application form was setup using "Input" boxes, which are small textboxes that do not support formatting and are intended only for short input rather than "TextArea" boxes, which are larger, support formatting, and are intended for lengthy replies.

[IMG]
    Kazint, Fanra, Forcallen and 2 others like this.
  16. Accendo Guest

I wish I could adjust the text field in Votigo, but unfortunately, I have no options available. Hopefully the "No character limit" labels will do the trick in getting applicants to share as much detail as possible.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The form sucks but you could always type out your answer in a text editor or tool and copy and past in the response
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I can’t imagine someone is going to read through every application. Employers barely even read cover letters or resumes.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I find it strange in 2022 for any "professional" website to not have this ability. I have used several form plugins for WordPress, as well as other form software and none has this limitation. They all have both text boxes and text areas.

I think that there must be options available but that somehow you are not seeing them or they are somehow not showing for you.

Votigo claims to have many major corporations as customers. I see no possible way that they do not have a form option for text areas.
    Then they list many of them including some of the top corporations in the world, like Walmart, GE, Honda, Ford, etc. https://www.votigo.com/clients.php

I guess we can consider this as part of a "test" to see if applicants are willing to work around this limitation...
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because a company has major corporations as clients doesn't mean they don't have a poorly designed website. In fact just because a company is a major corporation itself doesn't mean it doesn't have a poorly designed website. I think it is much more reasonable that the website doesn't support it then the survey isn't using them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.