Level 100 heroic characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meth, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

Heroic characters need to come with the current FTP maximum level, all autogranted AAs, and Epic 1.0 & 2.0. Anything else is just not at all heroic.
    Allayna, Skuz and Riou like this.
  2. Tegila Augur

I'm afraid this might not be sarcasm.
    Hobitses and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

100 is fine. And it was never going to be 110, at the very most they might have considered 105.

God no.
  4. Tegila Augur

WTH is the point of playing the game at all? Open your wallet wide enough and we'll make EQ into a place to chat that reminds you of a game you dreamt you'd played but can't really remember.
    Bobokin and Coagagin like this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Serve as a form of social media that enables users to connect with friends or strangers to experience a high fantasy setting brought to life.

Ultimately, the game is secondary to dropping people into the social space and increasing the odds they make connections with the community leading to longer term retention. Essentially, created a social web that will catch more and more users enabling longer term retention and game stability.

It’s why it needs to be 110 minimum.
    Skuz and Zarzac like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

The other main MMOs version of heroic actually skips you to the newest expansion (like ~30-40 hours of gameplay beyond this until raid ready), for EQ to be equivalent actually would be starting you in maxed out basically ToV

So a maxed out f2p actually would be quite behind even that and the standard for MMO "pay to catch up" mechanics

Maybe it's fine to be further back then that even, but 100 as the new baseline is kind of silly
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If anyone or any of us wanted to have that kind of experience, then they should probably be playing one of the other main MMOs.
    Tarvas and Tegila like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Modern viable Expansions 2019 - Now (f2p on 2018)

Lets charge players $35+ and place them in the 2012 or 2013 Expansion

Since it wont be upgraded for another at least 6 years, Seems Good

110 would = 2017 or 2018 Expansion
    Allayna, Skuz, Hobitses and 3 others like this.
  9. Cidran Augur

My guess is that older heroics will remain unchanged, since they can "justify" the value with the two bags and the mount. Then, If the 85 boost is gone, the new boost may include different bags and/or mount, making the current heroic satchels and jungle raptor "collectors items", sort of.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's possible that Ngreth or another dev will upgrade them much sooner. (This could explain the level 100 cap).

It depends on the tools and focus in the years ahead.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Most 1.0 and 2.0's are worthless but yea on the other stuff. Although the 2.0's are good for ornamentation quest. When i got my 2.0 when it was new was worthless lol true fact.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Required for shaman, bards, SKs, highly encouraged for clerics.
    Skuz and Hobitses like this.
  13. Windance Augur

Doing the epic 1.5 -> 2.0 on a level 100 character is extremely fast. Its not like the mobs are camped. Most of them you can run into the zone, clear it a couple times, move on to the next spot.

The hardest part is actually NOT killing some of the mobs you have to let get down to < 5% before they go inactive and let you continue with dialog or turn in.
    Skuz, Hobitses, Vumad and 2 others like this.
  14. DeadRagarr Augur

Not doing something simply because "another MMO" is doing it, and I don't play those is silly.

You could argue that progression quest based exp is a product of WoW and should be removed from the game at that point.

*Edit:

I am sure the reason for 100 being the level isn't some "Super" ideal that having them be 110 would "invalidate" the game or make it too "easy".

99% sure its because they have already put work into making it level 100 when 115 <or even 110 possibly> was the cap, and it would be a waste to basically start over at this point.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Laronk Augur

There is no one to play with on a regular server 1-100. You can get the odd group but good catchup mechanics are necessary if you want new and returning players to play. The magic in EverQuest (and in any mmo) is the community.

Now the 110 vs 100 argument. A 100 can’t contribute well to a max level group. Returning players should be able to pay the money and be close enough to their friends where they’re not a 100% leach.
    Hobitses likes this.
  16. Laronk Augur

I think his idea still puts the player 3 expansions behind
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Braveheart Augur

Will someone link the post that mentions heroics?
  18. Dragnath Elder

Is it just me or is it the same crowd that complains about not being able to find pick up groups because of botting the same people who are against level 110 heroics?

Is there a legitimate reason against this, or is it simply a "well I did it this way and turned out fine so everyone else should have to".

Even if a Heroic was 120 with all autogrant AA and T1 ToL gear and spells they would still be weak by the games standards and require hundreds of hours of game play to be raid ready...
    Hobitses, Vumad and Riou like this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

there are many which one do you want?
  20. Iven Antonius Bayle

I would exclude the epic weapons as they are not heroic anymore and should only be achieved by quests to learn about the lore and how to achieve them. But why not include more stuff that could motivate more players to upgrade their PC to a Heroic Character:

+ Hero's Forge Armor Feature.
    + Unlocked explorer compass up to expansions that have the same level cap (100 = CotF).
    + LDoN Adventurer's Stone for better travel options (Key item that new players do not know about).
    + Drunkard's Stein for better travel options (Key item that new players do not know about).
    Hobitses likes this.