Shei Vinitras: Don't Cut the Strings

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dragnath, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Dragnath Elder

Just ran this mission and everyone survived for the first time however the achievement was not granted to anyone.

The achievement is "Do not allow anyone to die to Touch of Vinitras" and with no one dying I would think it should have been granted.

Also the last couple runs of this mission Shei has had the Emote "Shei Vinitras is ____ with the touch of Vinitras" however when I searched my logs I don't see any sign of it. Not sure if these are related in any way.
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

I've also seen the screen emote about Shei finding himself "unworthy", although it has no corresponding log line. And indeed, when that happens it fails the achievement. It doesn't happen very often though.
    Thunderkiks and Dragnath like this.
  3. Drakang Augur

Shei cursing himself is bad. Wonder if it happens early on if he will kill himself when it expires lol.

You can fail it if somebody gets cursed and does not get cured before Shei dies.
  4. Dragnath Elder

That might have been it, I had it on my cleric right as Shei died.
    It still should not function that way. Impossible to control when you have Shei loaded up with DOTs and dps and you get the touch when he is at 1%.

Shei does not die to it lol, he sends the emote then nothing.
  5. Axxius Augur

It happens randomly during the fight, not near the end.

He probably DT's himself, but he has way too much hp for it to have a noticeable effect.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

There's a lot of numbers in that DT lol
  7. Axxius Augur

Ah yes, he cannot DT himself because of the way that mechanic is set up: if you don't cure the DoT, you cast AE [53247] Wave of Vinitras, and Shei reacts to being hit by that spell by casting the DT on you. When he dots himself because of the bug here, he casts that AE himself and it doesn't hit him.

Still a bug.
  8. Silu Elder

Are you using a merc? I've not ever been able to get this achievement when there is a mercenary in the group, regardless of cure status.
  9. Gialana Augur

I've used a mercenary every time and usually get the achievement. I wonder if the tank's passive spell reflect is causing Shei to Touch himself. However, I wouldn't expect that spell to be reflectable, and I haven't yet noticed my paladin reflecting it.
  10. Dragnath Elder

No, full group. I got the achievement after I posted this and have been successful multiple times. I believe the issue is the touch of Vinitras being on a group member as Shei dies as we did have the achievement fail again and that was the only common factor.