Why is random loot disliked by some?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Corydon Augur

Because people are different. You also might enjoy pineapple on pizza while others don't.

I personally don't like it because I prefer being able to target specific drops and camping a specific mob to get that drop. Also I like pineapple on pizza.
    Zinth and Thash like this.
  2. verbatim Elder

This doesn't directly answer your question, but it speaks to the ruleset. I know some of the people that do epic mqs and their biggest complaint wasn't really random loot it was the compressed classic/kunark because it put them in this mad dash to gear and level toons during classic for a third of the time they typically would have, then gave them barely anytime to capitalize on it during kunark. Not all that sympathetic to their plight if I am being honest, but I think it goes to show that some of the negativity you get from the semi-pro community doesn't really have anything to do with random loot it's just other annoyances that have come with the servers.

By the same token I know some who have made hundreds of Krono directly resulting from the flow of free trade of loot, they love the ruleset. Boxers have been minting insane amounts of Krono farming minis in pop, it's kind of unreal. So I would say the hate really isn't all that uniform across the merchant/boxer crowd. It's a change and it has different winners and losers. Some have thrived more on this server than they ever have before, for others it's been off putting because their playbook has proven stale.
  3. Kahna Augur

I don't like pineapple on pizza because I don't think the sweet/sour flavor of the pineapple compliments the savory flavor of the rest of the dish.

I am well aware that people like different things, but there are reasons behind those likes and dislikes. Which is what I was asking about.
  4. Xanathol Augur

I tend to find that folks complaining about 'too much loot' also tend to be the ones most interested in keeping the prices at their highest on the krono market. The frustration of the krono farmers is perhaps my favorite part of this server. If anything, make more loot drop.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Some people don't like it because it's harder to monopolize loot drops.
    Overcast451 and Xanathol like this.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

The whole "everyone who doesn't like Mischief is a krono farmer" narrative is really old.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  7. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Looks like farming krono is going just fine on mischief.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

Yeah man those krono farmers sure are struggling with Time loot able to be chain farmed for the first week from 1 group mobs endlessly! Im sure they REALLY hate getting quarm loot from sol ro minis.

YOU KEEP THEM DOWN BROTHER AMEN

I think player made spreadsheets of loot tiers which game developers then use without issue is a joke? I think the last boss of the expansion dropping Fire mini molds is pathetic. I think getting Quarm loot from a 1 group Sol Ro tower mini is not good for the game. I find most of the population to be entitled babies who would like to see the future of Everquest look more like Mischief than the Everquest I love to play. That enough?
    Duder likes this.
  9. Triconix Augur

The irony is quite amusing.
  10. Kahna Augur

You seem rather hostile. I wasn't even addressing you with that comment. Not sure why other people having fun makes you so angry but you should really talk to someone about that.
  11. Meridian Augur

Doesn't mean that it isn't the truth.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Gheed Is not reading your response

Ah I see. You explicitly asked in this thread about why people don't like your server. I gave you a couple of my personal reasons. Now I am just "a mad person that hates other people having fun that needs to go speak to a therapist about it."

Kinda hit it right on the head for me there, thanks :D
  13. Kahna Augur

No, but you stated why you didn't like it earlier. You said "Because it sucks". I have no problem with you disliking the server. I didn't even respond to your original comment. You do you boo boo. Then I responded to another person, saying I was just curious about the why, and you came back all angry and insulting to people who do like the server. Calling us entitled babies who are ruining the game you love. I never said anything rude about people who don't like the server.

You kinda do come across as a mad person who doesn't like to see people having fun.

If the shoe fits...
  14. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Go back to the bread line
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Because with there is basically no need/reason to do any content with more than like 12-18 characters.

It's funny that the narrative is only krono farmers want any changes, when they are the ones who benefit from the current rules.
  16. Arclyte Augur

I liked it because it made pubs friendlier. Group members trading loot they would normally just hawk in the tunnel / bazaar.

I didn't like it because of how the pinata seems to have destroyed Mischief's economy. Also, there are a ton of zones I've never been to, and part of experiencing a new zone is the unique loot.

Furthermore, Rivervale must be destroyed.
  17. Delphwind Augur

I love it!

Can’t wait for Gates and Omens with this loot system. People going to the new server with all the Krono farmers can enjoy doing the same s#!t all over again, but with an even larger pool of Krono in the system (It’s going to be stupidly expensive this time around, more so because of the loot and camp lockouts that the farmers can’t do on Mischief).
  18. DeadRagarr Augur

TLP is EQ Easy mode tho.....
    Qimble, AngryKing and Treage_Imminent like this.
  19. WokeCat Augur

The random loot thing was a neat idea because in theory it would make all camps viable. But IDK, as someone who played a lot, you quickly figure out that the loot isn't really random. Certain items still drop at certain camps, almost exclusively or at least at disproportionately higher drop rates.

If they kept the random loot, but made it way more diverse, and reduced the amount of random loot that dropped, that would help. Like killing a mob and having him drop 6 items is neat and exciting at first, but you quickly end up with a surplus of loot and playing the game feels super trivial and makes retail WoW seem super challenging in contrast.
  20. Poydras Augur

Mobs still have the best chance to drop their own loot though, don't they? So you can do that. The difference is it might be far easier/worthwhile to kill some other mob 100x and finally get it (or pick it up in the bazaar from others doing so) instead of camping the mob that traditionally drops it.