Coming back

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Snowspike, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Snowspike New Member

Im Looking to come back to EQ. I just want want to solo and relive the old nostalgia of the game. I will duel box two chars, I am playing a necro as a main. Would anyone have any info on what a second box would be nice to play with a necro. Or just some class combo to enjoy the game and have some fun with Everquest once again? Also as a free to play what is the best server to just be casual?

Thank you all for any info.
  2. Nekk Augur

I would say brd, sk, or shm. Xegony seems to be the most populated server, so I would try that. AB seems fun, but it's not fun when no one's on at night, groups are found here and there, and there's plenty of people in plenty of different guilds to play with from all over the world.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  3. Herf Augur

If you want to experience the best eras of EQ and are content to be locked at PoP/Ykesha/LDoN, consider Agnarr. We have a small but vital population, very friendly, free buffs in PoK to help you lvl. Lower lvls will be a bit lonely but there are new people coming in periodically and also people lvl'ing boxes. It's truebox, so you'll need two computers.
  4. Overcast451 Augur

I'm on TLP servers now - but back during live, I did a Necro (main) and a Wizard box. I found it to be quite effective for destroying stuff quickly. A lot of options with a Necro if you are kiting though - any ranged DPS would be easy to manage. Personally, I'd avoid most melee as they would end up just chasing the kited mob around - but depends on your personal preference!
  5. FL!P Augur

Maybe Ranger? Its a pretty easy box, just press autofire
  6. Luxxipher New Member

If you pay monthly consider mischief server ..random loot is awesome lol ..
    I tried the Agnarr server but seriously ..is dead leveling up and it should be a free server by know. Great helpful people when they are on. LOL
    Xegony or FV seem to be the most populated of the free ones.
    Good luck.

Forget about bot avoiding armies/AFK farming , they are everywhere on all servers ..just move on to another place you experience some bots/AFK farming LOL. Seen them on TLP's and regular servers. Don't let that discourage you of having fun ..it's a game not life ..LOL

Use the class/race that you love playing because you will be seeing and playing it for hours lol and don't get sucked into the krono craze plenty of friendly guilds and people that can help get stuff.

And the most important rule of all ..don't be an a$$ ...people will not forget lol ..small pops at the end!!