pls no more mayong mistmoore

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by coltongrundy, Jan 21, 2022.

1. coltongrundy Augur

At this point mayong is clearly the team rocket of everquest. No matter how much he gets whooped he keeps showing up again for more. Come up with a new villain. There are more discordian generals that we haven't seen yet. Where are they? what are they up to? nah, we just gotta keep beating down this lame vampire.
    Barraind and Fenthen like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I'd rather deal with Mayong than time-travelling, interdimensional beings. Hopefully, after ToL2 we go back to Zeb and he sends us back in time to stop Mayong. It could utilize several expansion themes with just a small cluster of zones.
  3. Tenken Augur

Honestly, I don't mind mayong showing up every once in awhile. Kind of wish to have more of a "Infinity Stones" series of expansions. Even have Mayong be the "Thanos" could have started with TBL or ToV/CoV with the spear that Vulak used to power the restless ice. Instead of the barbarian chick on the cover art for 'Claws of veeshen" who stood next to Zlandicar assuming that it was probably "Sullon Zek?" Instead, it could have been a cloaked figure that comes in at the end an steals the spear or something. but yeah.... Could be elemental stones or just ancient elemental weapons long forgotten... but at the end... it will mistmoore... who wields all the weapons and phase will switch like crazy make it another mearatas raid. Each phase will take something from the past raids. Example: the ice prisons from vulak raid and being restless ice, whenever someone dies an add spawns, during a spear phase or some crap.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

It's been like what, 15 years since Mayong was used?
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Have we ever beaten "the Nameless"? The god that created all the other gods...
    And what about Rodcet Nife, anyone who flies a real UFO, deserves a good looting...:p
    Treage_Imminent and Svann2 like this.
  6. Slasher Augur

Spoiler alert the next expansion is TOL2 and Mayong :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Andarriel like this.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

Pretty sure we dont fight Mayong this expansion.
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Coagagin Guild house cat

Probably why the devs started the whole "We need your help with EQ lore" (sic) thread now isn't it?
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Riou EQResource

The Nameless are just the EQ Devs, you can loot their remains back in like GoD :p
    Celephane likes this.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

https://www.everquest.com/terror-of-luclin
    You will in The Return to Luclin Part 2.
    Andarriel likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I'm ok with Mayong, as long as he's not encased in an ice expansion raid like Kael 4.0 or something.
    3 Kael's were enough.

(I actually liked Kael, I'm just including it as a stand in for ice expansion)
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. bobbin Elder

These ancient elemental weapons could be new epics. I like this idea.
  13. Windance Augur

What we need is another ToFS ! ( no really - been there - done that - too many times )
  14. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Don't listen to him, every expansion should have MM unless it involves OMM.
    How many decades must we wait before another GoD/OoW theme expansion.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mayong is my favourite Villain of EQ, but there are a bunch of Gods & goddesses (& "Spirit") deities which have never been seen in game.

Mayong "should" be a recurring villain in the EQ universe, he has become so much more than a mere Vampire after all.

But I'd be happy seeing some of the more obscure members of the deity ranks, and seeing some of the zones on the EQ maps that are still to be realised in game as zones.
    Andarriel and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Based on what he said at the end of Basilica I think there is more to come.
    Then he never did explain, so I think there is more. Unless they just forgot that part
  17. Riou EQResource

It's weird cause the expansion overview and that lists Mayong as the bad guy, but the text in game makes Mayong seem like probably actually the good guy this time
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This mean you are coming back to play? :p
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

He just needs a good kicking again, regardless of him being good or bad :p

I have a dislike for vilians who think they can win us all over by being good once! Unless we go full circle and it turns out Firona Vie is evil and we can kill her instead......I actually like that idea, lets kill FV and make Laynis queen. :)
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

lol

Not right now, no.
    Door is always open though.:)
    Yinla likes this.