So, We got a Patch but no change to Experience

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laronk Augur

Whats the pay to win way to not get deleveld from death exp then? Sorry that I talked about Overseer aswell.
  2. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

experience is fine how are you not 120 with all important aa done been a month now, maybe it is time to zone out of guild lobby overseer isn't getting a boost stop crying about it.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

It seems quit a few players don't like grinding and killing stuff. Even if the XP isn't fast, killing mobs is still fun. Enjoy the journey, you have 2 years to get to 120. There is nothing magical about getting to 120 in group content. XP wise, you're done at 120, for 2 years. Then what? Sitting in GL sporting your 120 level toon, doing nothing? Or maybe just disappearing till the next level increase? You have to put in some time to get to 120. Some get there fast, some not so fast, so what, have fun with the game.

Or find some uber friends and plow through the expansion, it can be done in a day or so with the right group. I got to 120 with my 2 mages, on Christmas Eve.
  4. Tappin Augur

I’m not arguing with anyone on this thread, I simply made a statement. You claimed I was dishonest and lying on a previous thread. If that’s truly the case then, there’s no point in arguing - no one would believe me.
  5. Merlin New Member

If it took the full 2 years to get to 120, some people would be saying "It's fine, it's all about the journey. My raid swarm killed non-stop for 2 months and got me to 120 in that short time, so quit crying" :rolleyes:
    Skuz likes this.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

I started ToL at level 115.999. I have been 120 for two weeks. My shaman box (who I RARELY drag through quests) hit 120 last weekend.

I have still not completed all the ToL quests and have completed very few ToL collections. I'm still missing many CoV collections in fact. I am a slacker and still 120.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Or you can get to 99.999% into 120. All of my chars are (or close, depending on how many deaths I've taken the last few days)
  8. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I find it funny how this argument reflects the times we live in.

Person A: I'm ok with these changes because I have succeeded. Since this works for me there is no problem here.

Person B: Wait a minute. Not everyone is like you and everyone wants to be able to play their own way. Think about it from everyone's perspective.

Person A: Their perspective doesn't matter only mine does because I 100% know I am right.

Person B: You're close minded and stupid.

Edit: that last one was a little much.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You're either lying or have no clue how to play.

I made 120 three weeks after ToL launch playing 10 hours a week. How much faster do you want?

I think what this is, is a vanity exercise. You see others at 120 already so you want it too. But you're either lazy or incompetent or both and want an easy out. Guess what? You have to actually play the game. It's their game - not yours. You can choose to play or choose not to.

Let me spell this out for you - there is no experience problem.

Consider this: if everywhere you go there's a problem and everything you do has problems and everyone you talk to causes problems ----> YOU are the problem.
    Celephane likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

Cause logging on and clicking a few boxes while you wait for task adds is actually playing the game.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It is. The good news here I don't have to convince you. You have to convince me. The actual people who make the actual game decided Overseer is a part of the game. You are not part of the group of actual people who make the actual game. So you're wrong. I'm right. 'Twas ever thus.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

I see player B as closed minded, He was shown a way to succeed but stamps his feet and demands to do it HIS way, or no way at all. I guess it all depends how you look at these things.
  13. Tappin Augur

Before ToV we had options. Now it’s DP way or virtually nothing at all. How’s that any different?
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They actually added one more option to gain xp in ToL than previously: We get around 3/4 level just for completing scavenger.
    menown likes this.
  15. Tappin Augur

Nope, we got less options- killing mobs for level exp isn’t viable anymore
  16. GenKilla42 New Member

I am not looking to get flamed but I wanted to share my experience.

I came back from being gone on a live server, I was able to level up with mercs and boxs until around 85ish, at this point without help I was stuck and almost gave up. I got lucky an nice guild let me join and gave me some pointers, very high end buffs and even some help with a couple items of gear and I was able to keep leveling. The guild I joined raids at high level and I cant raid due to being so low, just hit 110 but once again the leveling is slow.

I know alot of people here have played for years and have a ton of tricks and stuff to level up but new people or returning people like me are having a very hard time, due to the dramatic increase in mobs strength at each interval.

I would suggest that either gear get a little easier to help each mob increase, little more exp to help us gain levels so we can do the progression. I got stuck a few times where in order to do progression i needed gear I couldt get because mobs hit so hard.

The game 1 - 85 was fun and exciting and you felt like every day mattered, once i hit 100 game really slows down and I have to do some boring collection quests. I still love game but I can definitely see the difference in fun and character development.

Please dont flame me, just trying to add my perspective.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

We used to have GMM The Darkness Howls as an option, but someone got that nerfed.
    Laronk likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

1. If one option was gained while another lost, it would remain as same amount of options, not less.
    2. You can still level through exp, just not as fast as other options, but nobody took away experience from mobs. Until experience is completely gone from killing, that option still exists. That is different than saying it's the "best" or "most efficient" of the options to choose from.*

*I'm not against boosts to experience to make it more in line with other leveling routes, but if it's 100% possible to achieve max level before the half way mark of an expansion, it still must be considered as an option.
  19. Tappin Augur

You can’t subtract apples from oranges without properly defining them in a useful manner.
  20. Triconix Augur

So doing the same thing you were...? You seem to want only want to acknowledge something if it fits your agenda, but completely ignore it if it doesn't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.