Level 100 heroic characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meth, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Meth New Member

Will these be applied to previous heroic character slots retroactively?

If I have a level 85-100 character in a heroic slot, what happens to them when this patch hits?
    If the character in the heroic slot is level 101+, I'm assuming they remain unchanged?
    Dre. and Aenvar like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Hope they adjust it to 110, because 100 is too low. Heroic characters need to be useful for the community.
    sauron3030, Dre., Hobitses and 8 others like this.
  3. Petalonyx Augur

I think it's simpler (and adds revenue) if they just add a new lvl 100 tier. People are familiar with the 85 heroic and what that brings.
  4. Derd Augur

100 is fine, its an upgrade that leaves some room for leveling and developing your skill with the charachter. And it removes the people that can't figure out how to level without using max level charachters complaints since the level increase.
    Eteract, Coagagin, alanus and 2 others like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree. Also, if the Heroic Character is too close to max level it will create the perception of Pay-to-Win.
    Bobokin, Wdor, alanus and 1 other person like this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Level 100 doesn’t benefit the community. It might as well not even exist.
    sauron3030, Dre., Hobitses and 6 others like this.
  7. Symbius Augur

Definitely agree that 110 should've been the way to go. Use ToV expansion the same way they used HoT for the 85 boost. Add some augs and things to the progression. Level 100 isn't worth much more than 85 at this point.
    sauron3030, Dre., Hobitses and 4 others like this.
  8. Tappin Augur

And logging in and clicking on few boxes twice a day isn’t? Lulz. Level 100 is to low, can legitimately PL to 100 in a few hours.
    Dre., Hobitses, Shindius and 2 others like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

In what way does a Level 110 benefit the community where a Level 100 does not?
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not with all the spells, abilities, tomes, and progression, not to mention that sweet bag setup.
    PCSS likes this.
  11. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I have to agree that 100 is too low. It feels like it should be at least 105 and with the way xp grinds to a halt without progression probably 110.
    PCSS, sauron3030, Hobitses and 7 others like this.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They’re much closer to the active community. ToV is still a popular xp area and 110 can be of some use in ToL content. Live needs people as close to the cap as reasonable. Personally I’d pick 113 or 114. Statistically at an advantage over ToV content, with enough incentive to do ToV progression and remain somewhat useful for ToL groups.

The modern design post-ToV is all built on group based progression. So, it’s best to cluster heroic characters together in ToV era to add value to current and returning players. Starting at 100 just benefits the people selling PLs for Krono.

Best way to hook people back into EQ is getting them connected with the community and feeling that they add some value to the group/guild.

Plus encourages new expansion sales as opposed to 100 not being close enough to tempt new expansion purchases.

TLDR: Win/Win/Win.
    PCSS, Hobitses, Jein-ko and 3 others like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How much free money are you giving to Daybreak because you don't know how to use Overseer?

The Overseer forum whiners will cry that Level 110 Heroic Characters legitimizes Pay-to-Win.
    Wdor likes this.
  14. ClassicEQGamer New Member

This is such a moot point. The only people who buy heroic characters are the bot groups. With eliminating bot players at the same time, nobody is going to want this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

A returning friend just bought a level 85 HC. You were wrong before you started. Apparently a slow learner as well.
    PCSS, Hobitses, Shindius and 5 others like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Wait up. So your implied conclusion is that we shouldn't ban bot players?

Why do 'New Members' (created today) literally come here to threaten the game to permit cheating or else (loss revenue)? It's (false) extortion.

Apparently the suspension/ban wave is hitting the right people (and not the usual sob story of a false positive).
    Hobitses, Shindius and Wdor like this.
  17. ClassicEQGamer New Member

A returning player isn’t a new player. It’s a returning player. I literally have no clue why this forum is so toxic that you people can’t handle basic conversation without attacking people. I understand you’re watching your favorite game that you’ve played for 20 years die a slow and painful death. But that’s no reason to be dismissive and threatening every time someone has an opinion that doesn’t fit your own.
    PCSS, Cakkortiz and Fenthen like this.
  18. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Agree with 100 being too low. Should be 110, along with a "heroic quest" that teaches you how to use the abilities of whatever class you choose. Have the player need to use the abilities to complete the "heroic quest." Gear, at a BARE MINIMUM, should be full ToV T1 equivalent with a full set of basic type 7 and 5 augs. Make these new heroic toons truly usable straight outta creation. If you are going to do this, do it right. The game needs new blood, so the "but this is pay 2 winzz!!" folks can get punted by a gnome.
    PCSS, Hobitses, Shindius and 3 others like this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So when your narrative no longer applies you change it to suit a new argument? That's convenient. And ignorant. And summarily, decidedly narcissistic.

Toxicity is met with toxicity. If you feel unwelcome, perhaps a look at your behavior and tenacious pessimism is in order?
    Prepared, Hobitses, Scornfire and 2 others like this.
  20. ClassicEQGamer New Member

I don't feel unwelcome. But I can spot a forum "gatekeeper" a mile away. You and your constant skepticism and pessimism are 100% expected on any kind of online forum. I await your inevitable snarky, demanding, superior-attitude laced response.