So, We got a Patch but no change to Experience

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Why?
    Why do you insist on purposely upsetting your player base?

Why is Experience so low? I would like a answer please. Not a excuse from a player but a answer from a Dev. They are forcing this on us so they should not be offended by us asking why.

Why do i have to do Overseer for any kind of Experience if i dont want to do progression?

Just.... Why?
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

What’s this “we” stuff? You speak for yourself, and you obviously know it since you tried to preempt responses. Also, TOV did the same thing, so why did you buy the expansion if you didn’t want to do the 2-3 days worth of quests? I would like an answer please, no excuses. You forced me to read this, so you should not be offended by me asking why.
    Coagagin, Roxas MM, Petalonyx and 4 others like this.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

The real question is did they basically* remove grinding for XP so they could sell a P2W ability to keep you from de-leveling when you die?

Its a fair question, as I can't think of another good reason to remove a play-style like that. Especially one that has been there for 20 years.

(* yes I know kills still grant XP; just so little its not worth your time any longer. Your far better off logging in for 15min a day to do overseer stuff then going to play something else)
  4. zleski Augur

What do you think is a fair rate of XP to receive in an hour of killing mobs?

For me, with a guildmate boxing 3 toons and me boxing two, my bard at the time was receiving about 1% every 20 minutes (in Maiden's Eye), which I thought astonishingly fast considering the lower efficiency of two people playing five toons. If we had six real people, the rate of gain would have been even quicker.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You have other options.

How to gain experience in Everquest:

Quests.

Daily Hot Zones.

Daily HA.

Kill mobs randomly.

After all no one can do Overseer below level 85 so how do you think anyone gets up to level 85 without it?

Perhaps you are looking for an easy way to get fast experience at higher levels. Which is not what the game is about. At level 1 the experience just flew by but as you level it becomes more difficult. You were the one that wanted to get to top level so fast:D

And I would like an answer from you, not a Dev as to why you posted in this forum expecting an answer from a Dev when you know that seldom happens
    Coagagin and Ozon like this.
  6. Zanarnar Augur

The nerf to grinding XP came long after level 85. I believe its normal up to 110, and after that a pittance compared to what you got per kill before that. (And again, if you think grinding XP is boring, so is running the same task over and over. I still fail to see why they removed a viable play style)
  7. Dwimmerlaike Elder

TOV wasn't remotely as slow or tedious as this when it comes to grinding.
  8. sieger Augur

Thread #15 crying about XP and lying about grinding (it was not removed, is still quite viable.)
    Szilent, Petalonyx, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  9. bortage spammin lifetaps

the bad kill xp wouldn't feel so bad if there were repeatable kill x quests that gave visible xp bar movement, that last stretch when you've finished all the missions and quests and you're still not 120 is a huge momentum killer
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, I thought that particular quirp was about the "challenger perk" that lets you avoid de-leveling when you die, which I agree is P2W.

Ironically enough, overseer makes it very easy to maintain a sufficient xp-buffer, and you don't have to pay for it either. :)
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Merlin New Member

Killing a mob gives you minimally .02% of a level in ME. That is 5,000 mobs to gain a level. Say one minute to pull/kill/loot it and get ready for another. Not counting med times, that is roughly 83.3 hours of pure grinding to gain a single level. If that's not screwed up, then IDK what is...

Sure, you can kill higher level mobs for slightly more XP, but also more time to kill/med. Sure, you can do quests/missions/Overseer. That is not what the discussion is about. It's about the horrific XP from grinding. Please correct me if my math is off, but 83 hours X 4 is terrible IMHO
  12. Triconix Augur

Why is this a surprise? Was an exp change listed in the test patch notes? No, therefore it's reasonable to assume that it won't be on live.
    Svann2 and Ozon like this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

I wonder what percentage of players who were 115.99 on the day the expansion launched are 120 now. Because to be honest, if it is at least 40 percent then experience is fine. And furthermore, if 70 percent of players are now 119 or 120, then nothing is wrong with experience.

You have two years to get level 120 and AA before the next level expansion increase comes out. You will be fine if you play the game.
    Ozon likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Yet another thread to prove my point. This isn’t going to get better.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You mean the same 3-5 people using multiple accounts (sock puppets) to post?

Notice how these threads come in waves? As if the same person will post 2-3 threads in the same week to stir the pot.
    Coagagin and Nennius like this.
  16. Ourok New Member

Just have to post here because I am tired of this whining. I have a 120 bard, in fact almost max 120. I have not done progression past Ka Vethan, I have not used overseer to xp, I raid 3 or 4 nights a week and xp probably 2-3 hours a night, 3x a week, and play one 3-hour session on the weekend with my wife. How you ask? Hunting random stuff, sometimes molo in TBL, sometimes in a group, doing collections, helping friends with hunter camps... hell most of 116-118 was doing COV hunter. Gets really old reading about how entitled_wank_01 can't instantly get to MAX POWER without putting in some effort. Anyhow, proof that its doable... but I don't think that matters.

As an aside, we've had slow levels before.... anyone remember level 54 or 59 in era?
    Laronk likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Enough threads on the topic of ToV+ experience dissatisfaction already.

Spreading the feedback across too many threads only dilutes & weakens the message in my opinion, better off adding your voice/words to the others.
  18. Triconix Augur

The only reason you're arguing is because you're wrong.

Isn't that what you said? How the turntables.
    Smokezz likes this.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

Never did I say Overseer was p2w, just that its a better way to level up then actually grinding XP.

Now, mr name caller, learn some reading comprehension before you try to be cool again. The challenger perk is absolutely P2W, which is what I was referring to quite clearly. Its also fair to ask if the needless reduction in "grinding" xp was to promote the sale of that very perk. (or use overseer, which again, isn't actually playing the game but rather some tablet style idle game shoe-horned into EQ.)

Not that any of this really matters to me; I won't come back to live. I just worry this garbage will eventually trickle down to the TLP servers. Would be a shame to have to go back to the em servers full time.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  20. Laronk Augur

Death exp is overblown, after a couple months into an expansion I sometimes let my bodies rot because in the moment it's not worth having the rez sickness and by the time I get back to my body its been more than 3 hours or I just forget. No one is paying money to insta complete the overseer junk because they're having issues with death experience.

The real problem is exp being slow before you catch up to other players the 1-110 game is the insurmountable hill for returning players. The game needs a better catchup mechanic than just autogrant AA. I don't think higher level heroics is even the answer but rather better exp scaling for lower levels. I think if they gave an exp bonus to lower levels (kinda like how the first xxxx aa before autogrant had a bonus for a while). Also required levels on gear is dumb, if you can earn it you should be able to use it.
    Fenthen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.