My character freezes up when in a fight

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kritr, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Kritr Journeyman

Thanks for this excellent advice. I have a tower computer with direct connectivity. It is windows 10 , Navidia run computer. I had no issues playing other games like GW2 or WOW.
    I will check the above... maybe i need another computer.. lol...
  2. Aldryn Another New Member

Before exploring anything else, I would very much recommend following the advice of others suggesting to turn off (or add an exception for EverQuest in) Windows Defender. Everything you're saying sounds tell-tale of this being the culprit. This article should help.
  3. Kritr Journeyman

Thanks I will try this too... so far it is still happening...
  4. Sheebea Augur

I have a similar prob where my shd freezes up. big pulls, mob r smackin me around and I cannnot move,fight,spells, nada. I figured out that my Adv Loot window caused my Win 7 comp these problems. I have a group and loot hangs before dropping unwanted. While froze in a fight, I set the loot to Leave on Corpse. A big line of text listed and I had control on my character once again. I now hit Leave often when I have a group, so no issues since. ---> Shadow Knight<--- Big pulls
  5. Kritr Journeyman

Well yesterday I change computers and it still did the same.. however this time after I unfroze I see this message that says: "you are no longer stunned" ... so maybe this is the way the game is part of the game.... " Freezing the tank".. ???
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's what I suggested at first...you're being stunned by the mobs. A lot, apparently. There are AAs that help you not be stunned so often, but it will happen from time to time. You can't do anything because you're being stunned. If you check you log file, I'm sure you'll see the "You are stunned" line in there somewhere.