Expect announcement for new TLP soon!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

As a Mangler player myself, can confirm that I will drop my cleric merc in a heartbeat to have a real cleric in group. They're doing just fine.
  2. Corydon Coles Elder

How many blue reboots now and not a single RED?

Classic EQ Locked - pvp server

a) 3 teams - Good/Neu/Evil - I played a server like this it worked
    Teams - gives you people on your side
    3 teams - more opportunity for PVP then 2 team
    b) Luclin Lock = AAs, small world, focus effects, and BAZ
    * Luclin is plenty of content
    You want AAs as AAs give people who don't RAID something to do. People with more time invested in game should be rewarded. Plus a lot of those AAs are fun stuff.
    The world would have to be small to work. One of the problems with Zek
    c) Coin loot
    d) 2 box limit
    e) instance, no AOC as players would hide here
    f) pvp announcements
    g) pvp reward merchant in BAZ
    h) all non classic items ---> removed <--- like the new: spell crafting
    I) man I'd love to see the EQ original UI
    j) Dark needs to be dark. IF so it makes all those vision items become valuable
    k) Slow EXP
  3. Shakara Augur

Everyone loves mercs. To be honest they should probably unlock in the lvl 70 era because they are a great catch up mechanic. What is so bad about mercs?
  4. HekkHekkHekk Augur

5. HekkHekkHekk Augur

6. Triconix Augur

Anyone who chooses a cleric merc over a char is in layman's terms an idiot. You have to block multiple incoming spells from the merc just to make them semi competent. There are often times they'll just sit there and leave you to die for zero apparent reason only to immediately rezz you afterwards. And don't you dare decline a rezz while your corpse is being dragged to a safe location. They will refuse to rezz for a solid 5-10 minutes if you do and proceed to just sit there as if nother is wrong in the world. They'll also sit there buffing other people rather than actually rezzing those whom are dead. Healer mercs are pretty awful if you spend more than 5 minutes with them.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So how many Krono have you purchased from Daybreak? How many people do you know purchase them from Daybreak? Because other than a few rare instances, everyone I know is just recycling krono. I know I've never purchased one from them.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

I have grouped with players like that.
    Gishmail and Zinth like this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah there are many that claim to prefer a real Cleric over a merc but when the rubber hits the road a lot choose to continue with a merc, or their box, because...

Mercs don't roll on loot

Mercs don't need to go AFK

etc etc

Plenty of threads from back in the day where main Clerics got shafted in SoD and beyond, everyone wants them for raids, but as soon as people split off to do their AA/loot farming suddenly they aren't as needed.
  10. Rcbauer Augur

[IMG]
    Nighthawk likes this.
  11. Ravin Journeyman

PVP quickly just becomes ganking and griefing. The 3rd party program warping etc. would be rampant.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  12. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I doubt it.
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

Did you learn that fact from your many seasons on blue TLP servers?

PVP server please and thank you
  14. Nolrog Augur

There's a reason for that. Prove it's in demand and maybe they will consider. Until now, even the widely publicized "show them we want a PVP" event drew very few people.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  15. wade_watts Augur

Remember, they gathered like 18 people (including boxed accounts) on the PVP server once as a show of demand.