EverQuest Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Draztic Journeyman

Yes this would be desirable by many I would assume and is much needed.
    Shindius, Juicewrld and Andarriel like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

The new client is on the Test server right now. Anyone can log in and try it for themselves.
    Shindius and Paladin like this.
  3. Nearlight New Member

what is 64 bit going to do for the game?
  4. Lurikeen Journeyman

Pretty cool! Some really good goals.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't care what they do with the UI as long as I can still use my old spell/buff icons.
    Brilhasti, Shindius, Laurana and 3 others like this.
  6. Jedis Arch Mage

Then that is a feature you've just shared as a requirement for the new UI. Customization. You're making the assumption that the new UI would not be customizable at all.
    Zinth likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

64 bit is currently on test so there is plenty of chances to test it.
    Shindius and Absor like this.
  8. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

While I am normally a bigger fan of underpromising and overdelivering (this seems ambitious), I love this communication and look forward to seeing these things in game!
    cilenne and Zinth like this.
  9. MiataDriver Augur

I would still love to see them make a way to allow you to import from the old style. I hate when changes to UIs are made because the developers think they are making it better, when the reality is generally that they are just making it different (Looking at you Microsoft).
    Shindius and Laurana like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If that is true they could just change it up as there is no reason they have to stick to current limits.

FTP/Silver = A5 = Apprentice
    Subscribed = J5 = Journeyman
    cilenne likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sure no matter what they do there will be a way to transfer our current layout or parts of it to the new system, it would seem very strange if everyone had to start from scratch.
  12. Mukkul Augur

Changing to 64-bit makes me nervous because I have no idea if that means my client will suddenly stop working and I'm forced to buy a new PC that will accept it (with Windows 11 which I understand is not multi-account friendly).
  13. Ugene Carefulaxe New Member

Thanks for sharing the roadmap. Would like to suggest that you consider releasing a free mid-year (July) zone. GMM was a great treat between expansions.
    Shindius likes this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There is no reason to be nervous, you can log into test and try it out(I suggest you patch to a different folder though). The new system requirements were posted awhile ago, and they say nothing about win11.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...bit-servers-and-clients-arriving-soon.278523/
    Shindius likes this.
  15. Aiona Augur

Love the roadmap!

Keep them coming :cool:
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No I'm not. I said that the current UI system, as it is, is the most customizable. The implication is that if they replace it with a "modern" UI similar to other mmos it will be less customizable.

You're making the assumption that:
    1) Whatever it get changed to will necessarily be better, (in all probability it will, but that's still an assumption and I'm just being pedantic now).
    2) Keeping compatibility with existing UIs is not desirable and/or possible.
    3) It's better to potentially alienate existing players for the potential draw of new players.

To be clear, I'm all for making the UI system better. I just want to see it stay as customizable as it is.
  17. Aiona Augur

And I agree, equal or more customization is much more preferable than less!
  18. Drakah UI Designer

Emote:
    Drakah falls over from shock!
    Drakah dances!

Excited to see what you do with this for sure! :D
  19. DeadRagarr Augur

Looks good! Just need that character model revamp after the UI revamp.
  20. Talinthor New Member

Kudos to you for releasing this info! Especially excited about the 64-bit server and client code and the UI engine update. But generally very glad to see that you're willing to share it at all.
    Shindius likes this.