Type 3 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Seamus, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Seamus Journeyman

Any word on type 3 focus augs for ToL? Saw nothing about them in the Jan 19 update notes.
    Claan and Fenthen like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

3. Svann2 The Magnificent

4. Velisaris_MS Augur

It was in the Test patch message because I quoted it, asking if it meant Type 3's were in.
    Naturally, my question never got answered.
  5. ArtremasEQ Augur

Nothing in patch notes,

No Vendors for Type 3 Augs in ME :(

Seems we wait another month, less they are hiding in a different zone.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

Yup, Type 3's and a bunch of basic bug fixes (like incorrect level caps) that should've been in at launch delayed at least another month with no accompanying communication. Spell development was wholly inadequate when the copy/paste was completed in time for expansion launch, but somehow it's still able to consistently lower the bar.
    Krazzi, Warpeace, Ssdar and 11 others like this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Thankfully we're sleeping through T1 raids with ToV-CoV gear/spells.
    Moege, Ssdar and Ozon like this.
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

What is touted as a one-off problem/delay quickly becomes SoP for spell development, the bar can only go lower, we know this by now
    Jein-ko, Raccoo, Ssdar and 6 others like this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The new roadmap mentions the devs streamlining the mercs.

Are Type 3 augs redundant? Is it an unnecessary and rote facet of the game that forces you to use Perfected Augmentation Distillers? Wouldn't it be easier to incorporate the aug bonus into the spell (or higher spell ranks) themselves?
    Andarriel, Viper1 and Fenthen like this.
  10. Sancus Augur

Yes, and there's a part of me that hopes the February delay includes the removal of the Type 3 system entirely. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely, and if it is the case it ought to have been communicated given we were told Type 3's would be coming in January.

The augments that increase damage aren't even particularly consequential; the ones that are felt/missed are those that reduce cast times, reuse times, or extend durations of abilities. That said, those could easily be incorporated into the base spells. The augs themselves purely serve as a development time sink and a plat sink at this point, and there are better ways to create a plat sink that doesn't involve nearly as much development time as Type 3's apparently do.
    Jein-ko, Laurana, Andarriel and 10 others like this.
  11. Knifen Augur

Type 3s where just something to get you to spend plat on, it could always have just been incorporated into the spell itself.
    Benito likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Blergh

Oh well, just wish they would incorporate them into the focus AAs and be done with it.
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

An interesting aspect of the "plat sink" argument is that they recently removed another of the "plat sinks": Guild Lobby corpse summon stones.

I was never a fan of the Type 3 system. It felt like a tax on our abilities and gear, rather than any kind of bonus.
    Jein-ko and Fanra like this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

I hated running to OT/EW every time I upgraded gear, just to destroy and 24k plat purchase a replacement aug. It's ridiculous. I would be happy to see Type 3s gone forever. That said, we have to keep the slot still in existence on gear for the Alaran tear, ToV stone, LDoN augs, etc, unless they are going to do some sort of Charm/Keyring system which allows us to drop those items in and gain their benefits.
    Jein-ko, Tallie, Ssdar and 3 others like this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Type 3 augs always felt like some sort of band-aid solution to other problems (and a convenient plat sink). They need to just roll the effects into the various focus AA lines and get rid of these.
    Nennius, Ozon, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  16. ShadowMan Augur

Just another waste of time considering how long it takes him and what little they offer most these days.. When first implemented they were the new thing and scaled well. Now the tuning is way behind the times for damage. Just roll the impact into the base spells and call it a day be it duration, recast, damage, healing or whatever.

Originally some were 22% of a spells base power. Back when the average raid focus was 25-33%. There were no focus AA's, no other passive amplifying AA, no passive amplifying augments or bonus focus effects on robes. Now some slot 3's are still 15% of a spells base power but totally ignore that another 157-200% or more of a spells base power comes from other areas that don't work on slot 3's. Some of these things should be 10,000 added at this stage and he would never do that.
    Jein-ko likes this.
  17. Hekaton Augur

I hope they keep the type3 slot for things like luminous restless ice or tears of alaris
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of the slot...just these plat sink focus/bonus augs we're forced to buy with each new expansion when they could just easily put the effect on the spell itself or add it into the focus AAs. I mean, it's not like anyone has to actually work for the bonus effect/damage. You just go the vendor and buy them, which proves it's just a way to make people spend plat.
    Rexa, Jein-ko, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  19. Kazint Augur

If type 3s are delayed then there's no temptation to buy them and use them in gear that you're going to replace in another month. Aristo is a good guy and I appreciate this.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Braveheart Augur

If they made Type 3 augment Heroic Mods they would hold far more value.

Avoidance
    Accuracy
    etc.

And Skill Mods

Having the option to upgrade:
    Abilities
    Skills
    Spells
    Heroics

would add a lot of variation to your build. You can fill in where you are missing to min/max.
    Fenthen likes this.