Maximum number of traders?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dandamek, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Triconix Augur

How is that equal footing? Not everyone can sit around for hours on end trying to manually sell stuff.
    Tropi likes this.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The OP is addressing the issue of the number of traders being capped. I am offering a solution that permanently solves that problem.

A person after my own heart!
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

They can't. It will come down to the level of commitment from each trader instead of just one and done deal. That is about as fair as it get in this world when the devs are providing limited resources.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

10,000 - 15,000 dollars a month. 120,000 to 150,000 a year. That is probably the price of 1.5 low paid devs. Math isn't my strong suit though.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Full-time for just 1 server. Think about it.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are offering a solution that hurts many more people then it helps. From what I have heard Mischief is not hitting that limit all the time but only at certain points in the day. Your solution would prevent anyone from trading unless they are actively playing the game in trader mode. There are plenty of people who don't have time or desire to act as a trader and only do it through the automated trading process.

And as a note removing the feature (the bazaar) because a limit is being hit is not a solution to fixing a problem.
    Wdor likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

That is the dumbest thing ever. That's not a solution. All you did was create a different problem.

My cable internet sometimes goes down. What's your solution? Get rid of it and go back to dial up? Because that's the equivalent.

I hope the radio in my car doesn't break. Going to need to get rid of all the music in the world.
    Wdor, Tropi and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If only a single dev or two was enough to keep one server afloat.

You talk about two different problems here. The first is people's time and desire. That is completely on them and nobody else. They have a choice.

The last bit absolutely fixes the problem by removing that which is the problem. No baz, no problem with limits.

Every solution known to man creates a different set of problems. What is your point?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The solution to a feature that is running into some issues at some times on a server is to disable that feature completely? Sounds like you want to make it harder for people who don't script to compete on the marketplace so those that do can have an advantage.

They put the bazaar in for a reason and very few want to go back to having to sit at the computer to spam sell lines or read them all day in order to find the items they want.
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

My point is that your "solution" isn't a solution. Now instead of not being able to put on a trader once in awhile, the entire community would never be able to put up a trader.

Again, if I cannot connect to the internet, your solution is never using the internet again. That's not a solution. Your logic is illogical.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If scripters are the problem, how does raising the bazaar trader cap address that?

If the internet disappeared tomorrow it would be rough for a bit for the first world, but I'm sure they would all get over it really quick if their lives were at stake. The bottom line is, those that want to adapt will and those that won't just disappear. If someone is complaining about the cap of the bazaar in the way the OP was, that just shows a unwilling to adapt to the circumstances
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How does disabling the feature solve the problem of people not being able to trade? It just makes it harder for a lot of people who don't have the time to dedicate to manual spamming of trade lines.
  13. Triconix Augur

No matter how many times you speak in circles, it's still not going to change the fact that your solution isn't a solution.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The old baz had a limit of 500 had to wait for someone to log to be one then they raised it to 550. With the new baz whats the limit i know on FV we were at 660ish traders is there a limit?

[IMG]
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Andarriel likes this.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Please bring back the ability to push traders into the bazaar arena and kill them. Also please bring back the bazaar arena.
    Fenthen, Wdor and FranktheBank like this.
  17. Treage_Imminent Elder

Your solution reminds me of this movie quote:

[Marine has been wounded]

Marine Private:
    AHHHH my arm, my arm!

Major Payne:
    Want me to show you a little trick to take your mind off that arm?

[Marine nods and Payne grabs the private's pinky finger]

Major Payne:
    Now you might feel a little pressure.

[Major Payne breaks the Marine's pinky]

Marine Private:
    AUGGGGH! My finger, my finger!

Major Payne:
    Works every time.
  18. OldTimeNewbie Journeyman

Easy enough problem to solve - automatically boot any trader up for 24 hours. Change interval to suit conditions. Honestly, anyone who complains about not being able to keep their trader up forever while they go on vacation needs to remember the days of the EC tunnel.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You are entitled your opinion, but not your own facts. It's a solution whether you like it or not.

Works every time. Every solution has second and third order effects. Pick your poison.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the problem is at times during the day people can't enter trading mode asking to remove trader mode isn't solving the problem but making it worse. All that does is show that you don't care about the problem and would rather give up then try to solve the problem and allow people to use the trader mode.