Undead?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

I may have missed the answer to this in another thread or I may just be stupid (more thank likely). A lot of the mobs I cast on do not seem effected by my undead spells. I thought the ahkevens were vampires which to me certainly are undead. I thought the ones labeled vampires are even immune to rest the dead spells too. I got to be really missing something or I would think the Paladins would be pitching a fit. Shades look like undead mobs yet diff invis is needed for them. What gives?
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

It's purely a dev decision when designing the zone. Take blobs for example in past expansions some have been undead (I think), some have been humanoid, some commonly saw through invis even SoS1 but this time none of that seems to be the case.

I'm purely guessing here but the last couple of expansions have been generous with the amount of undead so this time they decided to cut the numbers back.
  3. Cadira Augur

Something about Ahkevians being "Corrupted" drinking some blood made them "some type of vampire" but not actual undead vampires in the traditional sense?

And shades are just collections of living shadow or something, not actually an undead spirit or anything like that.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Retire, then you don't care.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

?? Where are you getting I should retire then and that I do not care? I said Paladins should be pretty mad because they are not getting their big dps against the undead.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Eaiana Augur

I have not fought in every ToL zone yet, but I know for sure the vampires in ME and the netherbians in UP are undead. Stunnable too, which is convenient.
  7. Laeadern Elder

Lots of undead mobs in Bloodfalls.
  8. Dharken Elder

This is likely another one of the oversights. Similar to how the restless mobs in CoV were on Reg invis and not getting undead damage mods. I still dont think some of those mobs have been addressed.
  9. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Akhevans not being affected by undead spells is probably a limitation of mobs only being allowed one "body type" stat.