Logging into neighborhood zones lands in Nektulos Forest

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Angahran, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

About 50% of the time, logging in any character in Sunrise Hills (any neighborhood zone) results in them landing in Nektulos Forest!

Would it be possible to change whatever 'default location' is used when loading the neighborhood fails to be something more convenient, e.g. the lobby ?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

So this is a request, not a bug report, right?
  3. Angahran Augur

No, this is a bug.
    Logging into the neighborhood should not drop you into Nektolus Forest.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you log out from an instance, sometimes the game freaks out when you try to log back and and defaults to a safe location. For most people, that's usually outside the last LDoN zone you used. My guys usually pop up in Everfrost.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Angahran Augur

Could this maybe get fixed so that attempting to log into an instance that no longer exists simply drops you into PoK ?

My tradeskill mule that lives in the neighborhood zone and has never done a LDoN in his life is getting really tired of having to run all the way from Nektulos Forest every single time!
    Fenthen, Vumad and Elyssanda like this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

All servers use the same code, not all servers have PoK. Trying to drop people into a zone that doesn't exist in era yet will just cause other issues. That's why classic zones are used.
  7. Eaiana Augur

I have the same problem with my TS mule. My (weak) solution has been to plant an anchor in his house, and just click back if I get booted to Nek forest.
  8. Angahran Augur

Well, since if the zone doesn't exist you drop to Nek, they could insert PoK.
    So, try to log into neighborhood, it's not there, fallback to Pok, if PoK doesn't exist fallback to whatever random zone it currently uses.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Classic zones were used, because you actually could own ldon without owning PoP back then, this is no longer possible.
    Servers with instance-zones have a PoK-zone too, nowadays.

I think the bug only occurs when you were previously in an instance with that char.
    Or does it happen with pickzones and "avatar of change" raid-instances on "fresh" TLP's too? :confused:
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Where do they zone in if you camp them out in the standard guild hall (door on the right in the lobby) ?
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Every server with instancing of non-static zones will have PoK.