Player Keyring Concern = Daybreak Revenue Concern & Solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladin, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

The new Teleportation keyring is welcomed by Players, imo.

it was even a big selling point for the ToL expansion.

However, it's usefulness turns out to be limited and very disappointing, sadly enough.

Most of the Teleport Items available to players are from the Heritage Crates. Even though they are primarily to older zones, they are still quite useful in short cutting travel time; getting to old zones faster to farm tradeskill needs; getting to old zones to do special event / Guide quests; and more.

In fact, at least one can even get you to Bloodfalls faster, as it will port you to Mistmoore!

When these items are placed in Guild Halls, they offer so many free port options, with no re-use timers, even though most of them have a 20-hour re-use timer.

But wait...put them on your Teleportation Key Ring and those timers come back into play.

Even worse, most of them share that SAME timer!

Use just one (1) of them and, suddenly, 90% of the items on your Key Ring become 100% useless for 20-hours.

Thus, the Teleportation Keyring has not truly helped much, at all, with any Quality of Life concerns in EverQuest.

Even more -- there is no (ZERO) incentive to put them on your Key Ring at all.

Due that, there is ZERO need to buy extra Teleportation Keyrings in the Marketplace, which also makes this a DayBreak concern.

SOLUTION: Make it so that the Teleportation key Ring by-passes timers, just as placing them in the Guild Hall does.

After all, why does any Teleport Device have a timer longer than, say, 1-hour?

Seriously.

Reducing travel times increases the fun / adventure time (a QoL matter) in EQ. More actual / active play time is a good thing.

So -- Devs -- please make this happen!

Other possible solutions:

- Adjust the re-use timers on all Heritage Crate Portal items.

- Give Players and multi-level purchasable AA that can re-duce the re-use timers on such Portal items so they can whittle them down to maybe 15-minute or less re-use?
  2. Warpeace Augur

Might help if you give details like what items you know share timers and post them. Might be worth it to also /bug that list of shared timers.
    Tegila likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they would be able to sell more keyring-slots, if they were more generous with rewarding teleport items for in-game achievements.
    For example "Explore of (insert expansion)", could reward a teleport clicky for a hard to reach zone for that expansion.

I expect my mount keyring will need to be increased with DBC soon, because each expansion rewards a mount. But I don't think I will ever fill my current teleport keyring unless they make some changes...
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

To me, Keyrings are for you . The port clickies that anyone can use/share are made to be placed in the guild hall so all can use them.

I made dioramas in my guild hall for each group of port items from the crates or pre orders, collection editions etc - this way the WHOLE guild can enjoy them instead of just me.

On my teleport key rings are individual ports items that others cannot use. Like my Drunkards Stein, Jaggedpine ring, Arx Stone, Signet of the Crystal Circle etc.

I have two anchors that I can easily port back to guild hall if I need to use one of the shared port items.

Just a different view on uses of this keyring.
  5. Paladin Augur

I did note the Heritage Crate portal items.
  6. Paladin Augur

Pretty much my point. The Keyring changed little to nothing about how Players use / access their portal items.

If the Heritage Crate portals, when on the Key Ring, ignored the timers like they do in the Guild hall, I would put them on my key ring for easier / faster access than having to go back to the Hall.

In turn, other than increasing Portal Key Ring slot sales for DB, it could also promote more sales of Heritage Crates, due to more Players wanting them for their Key Rings by way of buying the Crates and / or buying the Portals form other Players.

As it is, most Players could care less about getting those Heritage Crate Portals, since one or more other Players have put them in their Guild Hall.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly was it supposed to change other then freeing up inventory space? For some people it freed up a good chunk of space.
    Celephane and Silvena like this.
  8. Hekaton Augur

20 hour recast lock on heritage crate item....ok sure
    but having them all locked out when you use one kind of heritage gate defeats the purpose of the key ring.

unlink those badboy timers
    Wdor likes this.
  9. zleski Augur

I Love to not waste 10+ slots in my bags on teleport items. The keyring is a resounding success to this consumer.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The recast timer has nothing to do with the key ring which is intended to reclaim inventory space. Sure the recast timers should be looked at but that doesn't change the fact that the key ring is still saving you inventory space as intended.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

In addition to saving inventory space, the nice thing is they are all in one place. No more searching your bags trying to remember what is what.
  12. Mitsune Elder

Actually, no. A lot of the items (mostly Heritage Crate portal items) have not very helpful names regarding the location they port to. In the bags one could at least keep them somewhat grouped (e.g. by hertiage). In the keyring everything gets sorted alphabetically and thereby shuffled which makes it it aweful hard to search through 20, 30, or more items.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

Being concerned about a company that does make millions USD$ of revenue monthly is pointless. This company is that well stuffed that it even can offer their digital Krono currency with very limited payment options and does not have to take care about a good marketing concept at all. Still being concerned ? :rolleyes:
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you memorize their port location by where in the bag they are you can also do the same by where in the keyring they are.
    Vumad likes this.
  15. Mitsune Elder

No. I memorize only the hertiage that slots in a bag belong to and then I inspect the items one by one to find the odd port I am looking for.
    But hey, I have a great idea: Lets remove the unneccessary cascading menus when selecting spells and make it just one long alphabetical list. If you remember the spells by where in the menus they are, you can also do the same by where in the list they are.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That isn't even remotely the same and if you can remember it one way you can remember it another. Besides you don't have to use the new system if you don't want to and you can also place them in hotkeys as another way to help remember.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The fact that we cannot put the Teleportation tab as the primary tab in the window is a lot bigger disappointment to me than this. This cleared out more than a bag full of TL clickies for me and I am eagerly awaiting them to come to a final decision on the items which can be toggled to go to different locations. Another thing actually related to the keyring to complain about would be the lack of a way to sort by the destination or other way to make it easier to find the one you want.
  18. Moege Augur

[IMG]
    Move the Page:KRW_TeleportationItems_Page
    If you don't use a custom UI make a directory in the uifiles directory copy the EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml from default into you new directory and edit it, that way you don't need to redo the change patch after patch.
    If you use a custom UI already check to see if EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml is in there then edit it if not just copy from default and edit it.
    e.g

EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml
    <TabBox item="KRW_Subwindows">
    <ScreenID>KRW_Subwindows</ScreenID>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
    <TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop>
    <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop>
    <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft>
    <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft>
    <TabBorderTemplate>FT_DefTabBorder</TabBorderTemplate>
    <PageBorderTemplate>FT_DefPageBorder</PageBorderTemplate>
    <Pages>Page:KRW_TeleportationItems_Page</Pages>
    <Pages>Page:KRW_Mounts_Page</Pages>
    <Pages>Page:KRW_Illusions_Page</Pages>
    <Pages>Page:KRW_Familiars_Page</Pages>
    <Pages>Page:KRW_HeroForge_Page</Pages>
    <LeftAnchorOffset>1</LeftAnchorOffset>
    <RightAnchorOffset>0</RightAnchorOffset>
    <TopAnchorOffset>0</TopAnchorOffset>
    <BottomAnchorOffset>0</BottomAnchorOffset>
    </TabBox>
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That is putting it as the first tab, not the primary tab. When you open up the keyring window, no matter what the first tab in your list is, the primary tab, Mounts, still the tab which it starts on when opened.
  20. Moege Augur

Ah you mean the very first time after login it auto-selects mounts. Remember now I tried it previously and found the same. Also doesn't remember which tab you were on when reopening.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/keyring-does-not-remember-last-tab.280619/
    probably going to be set as not a bug, I tried.

As a workaround can probably swap the content of mount and teleport windows. not my favorite to do.