Stone Tear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Manditik, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id say its worth doing after you finish current content. Say in the early spring to late summer.
  2. Celephane Augur

They don't drop from grey cons, this is why there is a post about this.
  3. Stephen51 Augur

Isn't it the only item in game to give stats while in the Ammo slot? Certainly there aren't any (many?) that are better.

That said I might put mine in a type 3 slot if we dont get any type 3 augs this expansion.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The stats are not active while it is in the ammo-slot, only the skill-modifier is. The stats are counted when used as an aug though.

There are other ammo-slot items with skill modifiers as well(fishing bait), but they are not that useful.
    Stephen51 likes this.
  5. Kounterchrome New Member

My sanity folded during the Shards quest, it was the first time I ever reported users of automation in 20+ years...absolutely insane on FV.

That's one of many min/max item/quests that need an alternative on current expansion live servers.

You know somethings wrong when people make scripts tuned for specific quests because of how sucky they are but yet popular enough to have run ins with cheating rats. Stay far away from this one
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  6. Celephane Augur

ToV type 3s were also a month late, don't worry, they're on their way
    Stephen51 and Arcolin like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not according to the Test server patch message. No mention at all of putting ToL Type 3's into the game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Celephane Augur

I didn't say they were coming with this patch, just that they are coming
    Arcolin likes this.
  9. Raptorjesus5 Augur

That's... why it's an easy solution...?
  10. Coagagin Guild house cat

So add a lower level toon to the party but don't have them initially engage the mob and those fragments will quickly drop, you just need the dry eyed toon to loot. How this is so complicated, involving so much useless hand wringing and pearl clutching is beyond me.

Just what sits in the ammo slot that is worthwhile if your not a throwing class? Throwing is a speed bump for Int casters so might as well get some benefit from it.
  11. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

does that work? adding a lower level toon makes em drop?
  12. Celephane Augur

Not according to all the threads from when they first introduced this mechanic, nor the threads when most all the alarans turned grey to most max level characters
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The Trivial Loot Code was later changed to requiring the mob to be dark blue or higher.
  14. Sixth_Sense New Member

Just make a pair of FTP wizards/druids, and bind one each in the shards landing alarian city and outcast village quest giver. teleport bind, get quest, teleport bind on the other, kill the needed mobs; repeat until done. Get fragments for 4 passenger characters at once.
  15. Orienn TreeHugger

I grinded out two tears headshotting those Alarans in Shard's Landing for the tablets, I imagine by now even just straight dpsing them without something like headshot is still really fast.
  16. Coagagin Guild house cat

I've been doing this with my lower level toons to bring them up to speed for years. Most of those Alarans are blood red to these toons and yes, the fragments drop. Perhaps the difference is I have those toons attack at 60-70 percent health and not hiding invis in a corner.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.
  17. Kolani Augur

Forming a group in the raid window bypasses Trivial Loot Code on grey mobs, if in fact TLC has been applied to not make them drop from greys and it's not some other coding.