Vex Thal Ink missing??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annie, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Annie New Member

Anyone else not seeing any Ink dropping anymore? I did all the quest last month but went to help a friend and after 1 1/2 hours, no drop. Got 1 parchment which we also needed but not 1 ink. Killing
    Pli Senshali
    Pli Va Liako
    Zun Senshali

Did something change?
  2. Cadira Augur

Get lots of people in the group and zone and grab the quest on all of them (even if they don't need it) and it will drastically increase the chance of the ink and parchments dropping per mob.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  3. Conq Augur

This is the way.
    Conq
    Annie likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is definitely the way to do it.
  5. Ozon Augur

It drops alot more often if you aren't killing in the North/South *rings*, but stick to the main hallway.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Didnt it used to drop on first kill? Maybe Im misremembering.
  7. Annie New Member

Not Today. I tried the center hall as someone else suggested, nothing dropped. I also went back and got the quest for the other 5 so now whole group has it. Another hour... This is the 2nd time I've done the quest not the first... but I did verify the mob names with both Zam and eq resource as the right ones... the quest seems broken. A guildmate said last night it took five hours before she got 1 drop for a group of 6, yep something is broken.
  8. Qwalla Developer

Hiya!
    Just did a bunch of double checking, and I can confirm that there have been no changes to this quest. There is a 35% drop chance for the ink. It will drop off of any Va Liako, Liako, or Senshali Akheva. I hope this helps! Because the quest is very simple, I wanted the drop chance to be lower than usual. This is the first feedback I've heard about this, but I'll make a note to do some additional testing and see if the drop rate is working as expected. :)
    Wdor, Conq, menown and 4 others like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

A little more feedback.
    Full group of toons (no mercs), 2 toons doing the quest. It took nearly 2 hours to get the ink on both, and that was after another toon went and grabbed the quest to try and make the drops happen more often.

I think the problem isn't the drop rate, but the spawn rate. Where we were killing, they could respawn as either type of mob. We would go 2 or 3 spawn cycles without seeing the correct mob spawn. I think either the drop rate needs to be upped (like maybe drop it every time), or there needs to be spawn points that are guaranteed to spawn the correct type of mob.
    Coagagin and Qwalla like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe it got set to .35%? Just a guess.
    Coagagin likes this.
  11. Qwalla Developer

Definitely 35, I promise! But like I said, I'll do some testing of my own and make sure everything is working as intended. You never know what super secret bugs might lurk in the shadows.
    Wdor, Yinla and Treage_Imminent like this.
  12. Qwalla Developer

Hmm, okay, I'll take a peek at that as well. Not sure that it helps, but like I mentioned, it's only the class that matters, not the prefix. So it doesn't have to be a Pli Senshali, for example, just any Senshali. There might be better places in the zone to grab the ink from. But! I will take a look at the concentration of these Akehva around the zone and figure out if I need to re-disperse :)
    Wdor, zleski, Warpeace and 3 others like this.
  13. zleski Augur

Qwalla off to an early lead for Developer of the Year.
    Grove, Meeko, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  14. Annie New Member

Server is Bertox. I camped the rooms both to the right and left of the quest givers room. Then after an hour or so, moved to the upper area and spent another hour. No drop. Full group of toons, no merc's and everyone has the quest. 5 hours total, not one drop. Another team was there about the same time period asking in OOC for any rotting ink's during the hours I was there... not one dropped for either team. If ya'all think it's a 35% drop rate, I will beg to differ.

I will hope it was just bad luck so I'll go try again.
    Coagagin likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just to add...the other drop, the paper, only takes a couple of kills to get it. I don't know if both drops are supposed to have the same drop rate, but one clearly functions differently than the other. I've been in the group for 8 different toons doing this task, and the paper always drops quickly and the ink takes forever. Possibly bad luck with the RNG, but I don't think so.
    Qwalla and Schadenfreude like this.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

See also: Punch Cards in Umbral. I had something like 18 Kill Kill Kill drop before my first Protect The Home.
  17. Szilent Augur

anecdotally, I've had no problems with VT partisan drops

or punch cards
  18. Piemastaj Augur

Pretty sure this task was one of the ones where it bugs out if someone else on the task actually loots the items before everyone has the drop. It prevents the items from dropping unless you have the finished person drop the group. Happens on SV tasks also.
  19. Moege Augur

Such well written scripts..
  20. Piemastaj Augur

For sure. I bugged the SV ones, but the drop rate in VT was so good we didn't run into this issue on Beta. We did have it happen on live for this task though. :(