While showing a friend and his son EQ, this happened..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

After I zoned, my friends son asked, "why are people naked in your game?"

I'm seeing more naked players when zoning and I have to ask what setting will help stop this issue?
    This issue is getting worse over the course of time and my system has not changed. It wasn't this bad before.

My friend said, "well I won't be playing that game.."
    How embarrassing.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There is a display setting, called "stream textures" or something like that. If you disable it, it should increase loadtimes, but solve your issue.
  3. Micker Augur

In the age of the internet, they are offended by some 22yr old graphics of a toon that looks like a Barbie doll? Man loosen up.
    IblisTheMage, Vumad, Wdor and 21 others like this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It must be really embarrassing for you seeing people in real life wearing form fitting clothing. I bet your friend doesn't go outside much.
    Wdor, Andarriel, Popknot and 2 others like this.
  5. Herf Augur

I've seen no naked 'people'. Just people in clothes rather than armor. Maybe I'm missing out? :)

I also find it odd that they have a problem with 'naked' toons, but they have no problem with a game which has institutionalized racism (trolls vs. dwarves), bodies of dwarves hanging from gibbets outside Oggok, evil undead, assassinating town guards, etc :)
    Andarriel and Popknot like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When it has happened to me it usually resolves itself as soon as they get the servers running better.

I saw no detail on the naked grey shadow figures....and I looked cause I was wondering if the male models just had a bulge like my old Ken doll did. But it was all blurry. :rolleyes:

Hey, hasn't that kid ever had a doll? They show more detail than those grey renderings do.

Yeah, your friend should not play this game if that was upsetting. He could be exposed to far far worse. When the figures are fully shown they have HUGE boobs, skimpy and see thru outfits and the guys have big pecs and skirts!

Could be reason they say in the TOS:

You must be at least 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority under the applicable laws of the place where you reside or, if you are not, you must obtain parental or guardian consent to access and/or use any of the Daybreak Games

And as for the websites;

The Daybreak Websites are general audience websites and are not directed to children under the age of 13.
    Wdor, Tropi and Fanra like this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

"Detail popping" can be an immersion breaking artifact for some. I don't know why it would be worse now than ever for you. But perhaps it would help to defrag the hard-drive, it can improve performance in some cases.

Who knows? maybe the 64bit upgrade will help too... :)
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

*Not recommended on SSD drives.
    /That may be a given but just throwing that out there.
    Jumbur likes this.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

SSD drives has an "optimize" option instead, but it should be automatical in win10 and later, afaik.
    First generation SSD's might be an exception though, maybe it is a bad idea with those? :confused:

Traditional defragging on an SSD is a bad idea though. it just wears them down...
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Unless it is bugged, it is best to leave the optimize (defrag) alone for Windows to take care of it.
  11. Razzy Journeyman

Just leave Windows alone. Don't tweak it, don't touch registry. Don't install any utilities. Just use it as is and it will last forever
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I'm still upset that someone somewhere decided to change the siren models half way through TBS.
    About halfway through TBS all the sirens suddenly found upper body wear without even a note in the patch notes.
    Zinth, Andarriel and Herf like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends on the age of the son.

I'd be embarassed showing a friend with their child with them, a game I see as child friendly with naked people running round. :rolleyes:
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, there is an actual "naked texture"(not just a grey color) in the game. Sometimes(very rarely) it gets loaded a few frames earlier than hero's forge, but I haven't seen it since I upgraded to SSD, which is why I assumed OP had a non-SSD.

No, the "naked Texture" does not feature anything "naughty", it is pretty much just shaded skin-color, and the face. But it is not what you see, if you just undress your character.
    I think I have seen it for the drakkin and that one new human model NPC in pok...not sure about other races... :confused:
    My guess is that they originally planned for some of the hero's forge setups to be rather skimpy, when they designed the baseline texture, and later decided on non-skimpy outfits, but kept the original baseline texture.
  15. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

I'll take things that never actually happened but based on past posts sounded like a good story to use to express more dissatisfaction with the game.

I'm sure the texture was seen, but I'm also pretty sure it didn't make anyone call the decency police either.
    Duder, Wdor, Treage_Imminent and 2 others like this.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Are they really naked, though? No, they are not. It about like seeing someone in a skin tone bodysuit. It's a lot more kid friendly then what someone people wearing out there on a daily basis. Hence, the comment.
    Tegila likes this.
  17. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

But don't worry. Once the scary naked textures are off the screen, you can use your broadsword to decapitate this paladin who was just minding his own business, and you can deliver his severed head to an evil warlock. That should help replace those naughty memories in the kid's mind.
    Popknot, Fanra and Herf like this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Drakkin can definitely be naked..
    [IMG]
    Herf likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL

I'm banned from killing unicorns, pegasus, fairies, etc when my daughter is around, anything that looks cute!

I am however allowed to beat up the bad guys...oh and the spiders!.:)
    Treage_Imminent and Warpeace like this.