New cleric aura: Bastion of Divinity

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Pano, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Pano Augur

If you've been wondering what our new aura does compared to the old one, I'll give you a short summary of it, not much.

Our old aura was a 14% HP increase @ Rk.1, 14.5% @ Rk.2 and 15% @ Rk.3. If you didn't have the old one at rank 3, it'll most likely give you a 0.5% hp upgrade, that's about it. If we look at the spell data for the 3 ranks of the new aura, you'll see a new effect added to it.

Bastion of Divinity Effect
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    1: Increase Max HP by 15%
    2: Increase Current HP by 6352 (If HP Less Than 20 Percent)

Bastion of Divinity Effect II
    Increase Current HP by 6670 (If HP Less Than 20 Percent)

Bastion of Divinity Effect III
    Increase Current HP by 7004 (If HP Less Than 20 Percent)

This effect is a HoT that ticks every 6 seconds for a target under 20% health.

[Mon Dec 20 22:06:21 2021] Bastion of Divinity healed you over time for 6352 hit points by Bastion of Divinity Effect.
    [Mon Dec 20 22:06:27 2021] Bastion of Divinity healed you over time for 6352 hit points by Bastion of Divinity Effect.

This heal over time isn't focused by our AA. Paladin may or may not affect the heal, I haven't tested it. This is just to say that a 6k heal every 6 seconds when you are under 20% health may not be that useful.

If you or your guild were tempted to waste spend Rk.3 runes on this spell, I'd advise you to wait and get something else that brings more to you or your guild, like elixir or splash. The 652 hp heal increase between rk1 and rk3 isn't worth the spell rune. In a game where clerics have 500k hp and tanks even more, a heal that small is laughingly inadequate.
    Firrionafan, Lorai, Conq and 2 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

That is...well..."underwhelming" just doesn't come close to describing it.
    Lorai likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

The added effect is ancillary. Window dressing. That there's an updated version flattens the aura's main function to alleviate the uncommon, but real stacking/blocking issue between new & old (or casual vs pro, or whatever) players on a "buff"

Mission accomplished!

A very fine head's up to not throw an early gem at it, though.
    Lorai likes this.
  4. Repthor Augur

It also blocks the melancoly hot from shammy that has 100% uptime so useing the new aura gives your tanks less healing in the long run. This side grade is a downgrade if theres a shaman close by
    Kaenneth, Lorai, Vumad and 2 others like this.
  5. Pano Augur

Thanks for that. This just downgraded the new aura to absolutely worthless except if you don't have the old rk3.
    Lorai likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Ewww.
  7. Lorai Lorekeeper

Notice the Range = 200. My current Aura of Divinity Effect Rk III also shows Range: 200, but it is not.

We tested it on a raid the other night, the effect drops off the tank at about Range = 90.

Has it been reduced and the Aura description was just not changed? Or is it broken?

I don't have the new Bastion version, so it should probably be checked too.
  8. Rongo New Member

Melancholy Health
    Slot 2: Increase Current Hit Points by 3413 per Tick

The shamans Melancholy hot comes from a defensive procc which has a view tics only and on RK.II heals for 3431 hp per tic. So it will renew when the auras hot runs out. In the meantime the auras hot will heal almost the double when triggered.

There`s no situation I can imagine, where the aura will not improve heal.
  9. Adaire Lorekeeper

I am curious - we haven't been using this since beta, because of the stacking issue hoping they would fix it or put it in another slot, but I wonder if most guilds are still using it? The issue we saw when we were testing was the HoT from the melancholy line wouldn't land at all when the aura was active, anyone found that to somehow NOT be the case?
  10. Repthor Augur

the thing is wile the triggered heal from the aura is better, but cuz its an allways on effect so it can trigger when you low on hp it will block hot from melancoly even when your not in the range to get the triggered heal from the aura . makeing the aura worse in basicly all cases cuz it blocks a hot that will have 100% up time in raids for an effect that will only trigger when your low on hp

but you dont have to take my word for it find a shammy have them cast melancoly on you and cast old aura go fight stuff you will see u get the melancoly hot , then switch to new aura and you will see the hot will not apear again
  11. Beco Lorekeeper

That must be an unintended bug. I can't imagine that an "upgrade" of an ability in new expansions is intentional meant to be a detriment for the affected chars. Did any cleric post it at the bugs thread. Likely not only other clerics but shamans and tanks will upvote it to get the devs attention.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

Would appreciate an update on this if anyone knows.

Are there still issues with new Cleric aura blocking Shaman proc hot?

Are there still issues with range? (Are current and previous auras stuck at 90 even though description says 200?)

EDIT: Just tested the range, they're both stuck at 90 still, which is different than the 200 range reported on the song window buff provided by each aura. (Note: Both of mine were Rk II)
  13. Emilari UI Designer

Looking at the patch notes for the year, I don't see any changes with the stacking of the new aura with shaman spells. In my guild, we do use the new one over the old level 100 HP aura because our shamans don't use the Melancholy line on raids. At this point, I think it's fairly safe to say it's intentional that they don't stack.

Unfortunately, you're correct that the range issues still seem to be present and un-fixed for all of our auras.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

The reason that no focus works on any aura is because SPA 351 is what is casting the spell and that is an invisible aura (totem) NPC that does not have any focus abilities.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Lluianae and Thunderkiks like this.