Several Concerns Listed; Please actually do something

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by shep569, Jan 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shep569 Journeyman

BELOW YOU WILL FIND A LIST OF ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE RESOLVED:

1) Resolve the constant "White" character Bug when zoning into a new zone. (its not a PC or video card issue - I have the best in everyway & so do others) - Please also understand all Settings *IN-game are maximum at all times - Its a EverQuest issue.
    2) Resolve the *Mitigation* of multiple Mobs being tanked or give character players the same benefit of *Flanking as mobs now get.
    3) Resolve the New Expansions Visible Ornamentations from raids, its been over a month since the expansion release....
    4) Resolve the lack of effort into placing SLOT 3's into the new expansion to be purchase; yet again, over a month since release. (People pay for a service - you're not providing that service at your best capacity)
    5) Remove the fact that every mob/named/boss can strikethrough on warriors/knights - what's the point of defensive abilities if they don't work?
    7) Correct taunting/aggro issues when a warrior is out dps'ing a dps class and yet still looses aggro while still using aggro abilities.
    8) Take the time to release a non-copied expansion for this coming 2022 December. New Content, Start working now and you'll have something exciting for us.

Thanks.

(ALSO - This thread is NOT for players to respond - I dont need your petty feedback or thoughts)
    Its for a Developer to actually take the time to READ and resolve issues.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  2. Vaarsuvius Apprentice

1) It's not a bug exactly, it just means the textures haven't finished loading yet. Set your memory mode to "most memory usage" and it should mostly resolve it. There used to be a lot of crashes caused by EQ trying to use too much memory so they added settings to dial back how much was used / more aggressive unloading/loading of textures. x64 bit should hopefully help with this as well once EQ can use more memory.

2) Not a bug.

3) They are in the test patch.

4) The only valid point you've made so far.

5) Not an actual issue.

6) If NPCs didn't have strikethrough players would never get hit. Strikethrough was actually lowered in ToL based on what I've seen.

7) Aggro is not based on how much damage you do, especially for Melee combat.

8) What exactly about the content do you think is copied? Even the zones based on original Luclin zones, are actually very different. That said, I too, would like an expansion not based on something that existed previously.
    Sixth_Sense, Ozon, Roxas MM and 5 others like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I agree with #1 not being a bug. Doesn't matter how hot shot your computer is the grey rendering of objects is not a bug.

As far as #5 - these are YOUR bugs you want fixed but you are not the only player in the game and there are many other bugs the rest of us want fixed that are far older - ie the HF Anniversary Vanity Armor bug. So while we don't dislike you for it - it does seem a little egocentric to only post your wants.

So do like the rest of us and find or make a post about each item individually that you feel is a bug. If you find a post like it then click Like on the first post. This is the way to bring it to the Dev's attention.
    Coagagin and Duder like this.
  4. Axxius Augur

None of the listed concerns are bugs. This post needs to be moved out of this forum.
    Coagagin, Elyssanda and Duder like this.
  5. Zinth Augur

#1 turn texture streaming off? your zonetimes will be slower though since it will wait til everything is loaded... enjoy... or use texture streaming and zone fast and ignore the "blank" textures while they load in
    Vaarsuvius and Duder like this.
  6. Triconix Augur

Ok, I'll explain:

Aggro isn't based on DPS. Learn basic game mechanics. Explanation done.
    Needed to find a different person posting to read a legitimate issue. It also doesn't help that I also decided to do my first TLP the same time they decided to revisit older expansions. I've been stuck with Kunark, Velious, Luclin for many years and now on two servers. It's like deja vu.

And based on TOL, it seems like DoDh/PoR part 2 is on the horizon next year, right after completing that on Aradune. End me, fam.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. shep569 Journeyman

As I said above, its not a PC issue and its also not an in game issue. Everything for every has been set to MAX... its on their side, not mine.
  8. shep569 Journeyman

Jack . Read the information. Warriors OUT DPS dps classes and USE aggro procs/aa's and still loose aggro.. You explained nothing except youre a smart .
    Herf likes this.
  9. Micker Augur

5. I agree. What's the point if mobs, any level, that can strikethrough a tanks defenses, just as much as if they didn't have those defenses? So you get people to get all these AAs etc, to raise their defensive abilities, then give the mobs the ability to completely circumvent them? It's absolutely lazy, painted myself into a corner programing. Mobs 10 levels below, spamming constant strikethrough and strikethrough riposte hits, that is ridiculous.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is saying it is a PC issue, but that it is the textures slowly being loaded into memory after you finish zoning instead of taking longer to zone while they finish loading.
  11. Celephane Augur

This is going to be a great thread. Too bad OP edited his original #5 and deleted the post that said "i know more than any of you do."
  12. FranktheBank Augur

I am neither trying to be the good guy or bully people who express concerns.

I take issue with people posting factually incorrect info as truth or personal desires as bugs.

OP's post is almost worthless, beyond the type 3 aug discussion, so he doesnt deserve any 'real discussion'
    Flatchy, Celephane and Duder like this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would also like an improved and modernized 3d-render.
    Who knows? it might be somewhere on their TODO-list:
    ;)

Serious question, has the improved memory handling on the 64bit client, improved the streaming related artifacts? Anyone on test willing to comment? :)
  14. Dre. Altoholic

Forums are for discussion. /feedback is for bad ideas that just get ignored.
    Winnowyl, Elyssanda, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  15. code-zero Augur

Hmm
    The Devs aren't going to engage you in a discussion in this forum and it's not likely that they'll see it. The little addendum at the end will guarantee that none of them will even want to talk to you under any circumstance and it also ensures that you'll get a lot of input from players until this thread eventually gets locked.

Now it is possible that the devs will read posts by other players to see if they have any good ideas
    Celephane, Nennius and GNOME_POWER like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Dev's are not going to give him the time of the day after he so succinctly expressed his opinion of them in past posts.:D
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Hi, I'm a player, not a developer, and I'm responding to this thread

quote this post if you're also a player
    Celephane, Nennius and code-zero like this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I demand an audience with the Creator so I can tell them how they're screwing up!

Tact and diplomacy not your strong suit, I'd say.

So, even though you clearly stated you don't want or need player responses, you're getting them because the Devs never will. Not to say they never do - but they aren't going to respond to a laundry list of simple grievances.

1) This is not a bug. It's a result of a stagnant game client being out of date. Think of this as order of operations, and your internet and machine are faster than the client can get things ready.
    2) Strikethrough is an issue. It was granted to NPCs as a stopgap for the increase in player power. Then further leveraged to provide challenge. It's beyond time to actually address NPC tuning rather than granting NPCs 100% Strikethrough ability. But I digress. This is a low priority.
    3) I agree. But again, low priority.
    4) Slot 3 augs aren't in game for reasons passing understanding. But again, low priority.
    5) See 2, above.
    6 (7?) If your warrior is having issues holding aggro they need to re-examine their approach to gaining it. My warrior has no issues holding aggro from any of my toons. In fact, regularly rips aggro from other tanks without using so much as a single hotkey. Your tank is to blame.
    8) Take the time to appreciate we have a game at all.
  19. Celephane Augur

his orginal #5 was don't hate me for blah blah blah..so funny that he changed it and it was dumb in the first place and didn't even belong on the list
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

Thank you for the entertaining thread! I really enjoyed the part about your computer having the best of everything!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.