Bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drewie, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Drewie Augur

The Zam EverQuest wiki already has a few articles about bags but they are mostly obsolete, incomplete or just not so useful anymore.

I added this up-to-date Bags wiki article that lists all useful bags (more than 10 slots) and where to find them, arranged in various sections.

One of my favorites is the Featherweight Satchel of the Courier, a 20-slot bag that can be quested at low levels, maybe 10+ or 20. I wish DBG would add more quests like that !
  2. bobbin Elder

Cool thing about the Featherweight Satchel is you can hail the npc and get another one. So you can move them to other characters on you account and put one in a shared bank slot.
    Shillyona and Wdor like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you can hail for unlimited bags after completing the quest once that sounds like an exploit as I don't think they intended for you to get bags for other characters by doing the quest once.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have always felt that the bags from the loyalty vendor needed a serious capacity increase, or a price reduction. They are simply not worth that many loyalty crowns...o_O

It is a nice wiki though. :)
  5. Nniki Augur

Ngreth did respond to a request regarding loyalty bag size back in May of 2020. He created a ticket to investigate later. Not sure that he ever got a chance to consider it though.
    Fenthen and Jumbur like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Looks like they have forgotten about it.:rolleyes:
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Pops Racer Olde Faht

I know what I am doing as soon as I log on tonight :)
    Thanks Drewie!
  8. bobbin Elder

If it's an exploit why does the npc say something like "oh you lost yours? Here's another one."
    Wdor likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The generally don't intend to make quests that you can do once on a single character and get the reward for every character on an account. If those bags are tradeable on a free trade server it brings up even bigger concerns.
    Coagagin likes this.
  10. bobbin Elder

They're Heirloom
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Heirloom was added about 8 years after the item and quest got released. It could easily have been a mistake that it got the tag and they didn't realize you could get unlimited free bags from the quest. I still don't see them as having intended you to get a free 20 slot bag on all your characters on a server for doing a quest once.
  12. Solidude Apprentice

It's a great reward for an old-school quest.

Would hope that it does not get changed, if one takes the time to pay respect to those peculiar quests. I remember doing the mail runs constantly during my initial playthrough.

It still quickly gets outgrown.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It being a great quest doesn't mean you should be able to do it once on a single character for the rewards. Being a great quest should mean you like to to it on multiple characters for the rewards.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I also think it is unintended that a single quest, rewards you with multiple 20 slot bags, it will hurt the market for player-made bags.

Maybe they should change the combination of heirloom + lore, to mean only one allowed per account?

I have so many big bags on my main account that I need to offload some of them to alts. I would hate it, if they just removed the heirloom tag altogether.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Because we wanted the character that has the quest to be able to replace a bag that is lost somehow. NOT to give it to every character they own on that server.

That is the general intent of quests with a "hail again" for the reward. To let the character get the reward again if you loose it.

Yes, it was during a mass "Containers with lore and X or more slots should be heirloom" blind update. We saved time and didn't look for the origin of every bag for which we made this update.

Now all that said, we are not inclined to change this item.
    The general rule above stands, but we are allowing this quest and item to be an exception. This is not a precedence but an exception, so we will not heed "But this quest..." responses to other quests where we do not allow this behavior.
    Wulfhere, Svann2, Cazmac and 14 others like this.
  16. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Ngreth -
    Thanks for stopping by to explain.
    Also, thanks for not changing the Featherweight Satchel!
  17. Evurkvest Augur

Yinla and Drewie like this.
  18. Burdi Augur

Thanks and Merci Drewie!
    It is refreshing to have positive posts like this.
  19. MischiefTLP Augur

Bloodbound Satchel, Snowbound Satchel, Velium Threaded Satchel, Muhbis of the Expansive Void, Howling Stones Tomb Box, Duffel of the Di`Zok and possibly earlier ones are Expansion: Classic

Successful Shenanigan Bundle includes a Roguish Rapscallion Pack. House of Thule® Collector's Edition Revival contains 999 of each bag.

Frizznik's Endless Coin Purse is quested, not a raid drop.

Large [Color] Trader's Satchel is 12 slots, available from Merchant's Perk for 1p 4s 9c.
  20. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I noticed a mistake on your page. Deep Caverns Collector's Case is not from RoF pre order. The Fear Collector's Case IS. But you can get a second one from the achievement. I have one in my shared bank and one in my bags.

The Deep Caverns case is from an anniversary task it looks like.