To facilitate lower-level community, create level-specific chat channels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Bernel Augur

I think it would enhance the lower levels if players were autojoined to chat channels based on their level, similar to the General and <Class> chat channels. The General channel is commonly used as /auction and /lfg for the max levels, but there's nothing similar for low level. Certainly I could put "65 Druid LFG" in General, but it would only be relevant to a small percentage of the people in General. I'm reluctant to post something like that in General. If instead there was a chat channel like 'Level60s' that all the people 60-69 were in, then all of us 60's could use that channel for /lfg, /auction, and giveaways of random armor and spells that we don't need ourselves. It would help foster communication between players who are around the same level and create relationships.

And maybe it's just me, but I get frustrated with all the nonsense chatter in General about politics, crypto, stocks, sports, etc. I usually end up leaving the channel because of all that. I don't think that's as likely to happen in the level-specific channels. My feeling is that the level-specific channels would have chat that is pretty much just about stuff that is relevant to EQ at that level. A level-specific channel would allow me to leave General but still be able to have a global chat with players around my level.
  2. Talif Augur

They have level specific channels in EQ2. They never get used.