Trophy of the Garden Path

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jumbur, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Trophy of the Garden Path, rewarded for Savior of the Grounds in House of Thule.
    It is supposed to increase runspeed, but doesn't seem to have any effect on my character.

My runspeed max velocity is 53, no matter if the trophy is activated or not. This is unmounted and without any runspeed buffs.

Is that intended?
  2. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    It probably doesn't stack with Runspeed AA or Journeyman speed AA.
    Axxius likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That would be my guess as well, but it does make that trophy completely worthless.
    I assume everyone has runspeed AA when they have the level to attempt HoT progression?

I can't figure out what the intention behind that trophy is, if it was meant to not stack with something everyone has. :confused:
  4. Vaarsuvius Apprentice

The trophy is available in House of Thule.
    It is better than Innate Runspeed 5 but worse than Innate Runspeed 6.
    Most classes (12/16) do not get Runspeed 6 until Empires of Kunark.
    Jumbur likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I see, runspeed 6 is autogranted for all classes at level 90 though, so it is only a "functional" trophy for a few levels.
    But you are right, that does make sense. It is not broken, it is just extremely underwhelming.

It would be nice, if they buffed it to stack with innate runspeed, and gave it something like 10-15% speed increase on top of the runspeed AA and Journeyman's Speed AA. That would make it useful even after level 90. :)

That is more a feedback issue, rather than a bug.
  6. Vaarsuvius Apprentice

The trophy existed (2010) before AA autogrant (2014) and before most classes were given Innate Runspeed 6 (2016). That later changes to the game reduce its benefit is unfortunate, but hardly unique. Most older trophies have been obsoleted by newer ones. That movement speed is available via AA just frees up the trophy slot for something else.
    Jumbur likes this.