The Aftermath

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loratex, Jan 9, 2022.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I more or less agree with everything in this post, save for allowing AFK, automated play.

EQ may be old, but it's WORTH preserving.
    Micker likes this.
  2. DeadRagarr Augur

I have a sneaky suspension that people chain farming instances 24/7 is what irked them more than anything else. While it is the "nicer" thing to do playerwise, the server side of things still is taken into account. Having people roll instances AFK farming **especially** on raid open day when EVERYONE is popping instances wouldn't be ideal.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

This is 100% how I try to live my life at this point. Just let people do what they want, as long as they don't hurt other people.

The 24/7 boxers and every-35-minutes-to-the-second powerlevel spam is what's hurting the game, but when the owners of the game have their hands in the powerlevel bot army pockets, they won't ever be stopped. Feel free to instead hit the little people that aren't making money on the game and are just trying to play with limited free time.

The queue is there because the developers have no idea how to handle server load on old hardware. They have underestimated the popularity of TLPs for the past 7 years, ever since the Ragefire+Lockjaw set came online.
    MasterMagnus and Micker like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you would have the same problem from a single live server as well. There are plenty of live servers that regularly show has having a high server load and there is no way they could merge them all into a single one without hitting the server limits.
    code-zero and Ozon like this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Post of the year.
    Laronk, Scornfire and PatCleric like this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

"A philosophy as true today, as it was in my time.
    Be excellent to each other...
    and Party On Dudes!"

[IMG]
    code-zero and Fenthen like this.