T1 raids not active

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cailen, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Shredd Augur

Still not unlocked on Drinal. . sad Shaman =(
  2. Salinae Old Cranky member

Unlocked on Cazic
  3. Crathsor New Member

Now unlocked on Drinal
  4. Tevik Augur

Invalid Item is my new favorite loot.
    Axxius, Allayna, Bigstomp and 7 others like this.
  5. Tremeroy New Member

Some guild turning in multiple wins before other servers can even launch raids is pretty funny tho
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Upon the mountains of the moon,
    the sun was shining bright.
    Which was very odd
    as it's the middle of the night.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

When Sony ran it?
  8. Celephane Augur

No, before that, when it was called Chess
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Treage_Imminent and Celephane like this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

Ouch, I didn't realize that happened.

That is botched. That said, botched execution isn't a knee-jerk excuse to revert to older systems. I still prefer the delayed release they've been doing.
  11. Sancus Augur

Which server are you referring to, and do you have a time stamp of when said server was able to request the instance?

For what it’s worth, everyone I’ve talked to was able to zone in at *around* 12:35-12:37 pacific. Given the general delay it doesn’t seem out of the question that some servers were further delayed, but I haven’t heard that that was the case talking to any of my friends in other guilds.
    Duder, Thunderkiks, Scornfire and 2 others like this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

12:36 (give or take a minute, was some impressive lag at the time) feels about right to me.

Was pleasantly surprised that once the instances spun up and let us in the events didn't feel laggy.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

They definitely were laggy, but perhaps the word "feel" is the important one. It affects some classes more than others, and it sometimes makes mobs less deadly. In modern EQ even "easy" mobs can kill in seconds when there isn't lag. I'm sure people that know about these things more have more concrete data. (and can refute me if I'm wrong). I do know pets in particular are hurt by the server strain on normal servers.

It's true it's nothing like the questionably functional Sontalak and Guardians (ghosting mobs galore) events in CoV though.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

NPCs were reacting pretty much instantly when I attempted to aggro them in the raid instance.
    It was nothing like the CoV raids lag. (although we could have got a lucky instance)
  15. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Still curious about this, I've asked everyone I could (which doesn't account for every single server) and everyone had the raids go live within about a minute of eachother
  16. The real Sandaormo Augur

We got in about that same time 12:37-ish PST, there was some pretty good rubber-banding going on pulling mobs in on Netherbian Swarm event and Zelnithak but wasn't that bad.
  17. Jondalar Augur

Who?
    Duder likes this.