Extend Pop on Mischief - To a Vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slayerwolf, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Xhartor Augur

So was GoD, PoR, TBS, yet the server marches on.

The guy who the runs the manglerprogress.com even got fed up with the servers refusal to die.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

TFW the guy running the progress site is a re-roller and only wants to track up to PoP lol
  3. Xhartor Augur

That is called riding the Krono train.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  4. Gremin Augur

GoD is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Take the time to learn the expansion and you will see its one of the best ones out there.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Isn't the new TLP coming out in a couple months?
  6. Numi Journeyman

As someone who went all the way to the end on Phinny I found none of the proposed expansions were server killers, and while population did decline, it was a steady drop, no one expansion caused a huge drop off of players. Even in the last expansions we had 3 guilds clearing content and it was only when we caught up to live most disappeared.

GoD has been returned to be a very enjoyable expansion now, Underfoot on Phinny they made it a "double loot" expansion which made it more enjoyable, and while it was harder it was not the hardest by any means.

I would say the toughest expansion to do in era was TDS because at some point in EQ a dev decided to make the bosses much harder then they were at release to make it more relevant to the game at the time. and they forgot to reset them for the TLP's so we were facing boss mobs who could one round our raid geared tanks. And that was only on the group side of the game, the raids were beaten quickly.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

8. jeskola pheerie

I did Hunter in TDS on release, I remember the named already hitting pretty hard, when did this happen?
  9. FranktheBank Augur

The biggest drops we saw were DoNish and CoTF.
  10. verbatim Elder

You mean like May/June?
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I think Mischief should extend pop through summer.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Negative, Ghost Rider. We had a discussion last night regarding concerns people would get bored and take an extended break before LDoN. We are already hemorrhaging bodies on raid nights to real life stuff. I think we have two/three people out with bat sniffles, and one that is only half with us because his family is sick. You gotta take care of you and yours, we all get that. But stretching it another couple months, hell even I would probably take a break.
  13. Slayerwolf Elder

I've found that usually the loudest contingency on the forums is the vast minority. I'm simply asking for a vote. The loud minority is very afraid of a vote because they know the result will favor against their preference, but I believe if you have a fair and honest vote, you will see the player-base will want to extend PoP by a large margin.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

How do you plan to make it a fair vote? In the past people have rolled toons on servers just to spite vote the server's progression. How can you tell the difference between a lvl 1 account trying to spite vote and a lvl 1 who just rolled there and either wants to slow down so they have time, or purposely waited for PoP so they could level up in expacs theyve never seen before?
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure the level 1's where excluded from voting and you had to have character progression in order to vote.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Well thats not fair, I literally just started so that I could do fun things that are private and personal to me and my vote should count. /s
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Wait, let me get this straight, you want PoP to last LONGER?

You have got to be kidding. The main criticisms of Mischief has been the excessive amount of time the server stays on level increase expansions, and the level 70 slog is also going to be terrible.

PoP unlocked on December 8th, and LDoN is not unlocking until March 2nd. We're not even half-way through PoP and you want to make it longer?
  18. Draconum Elder

I think doing polls on the forums is hilarious, because even if it shows 99% of people in favor of something if you compare it against the entirety of the people actually playing the game on those servers it is most likely a very, very small percentage of the player base. Low IQ just tends to be loud for some reason.

Seems most of the time people only come to the forums to complain (Uber nerds beating content to fast that are now bored because they play the game more in a day than casuals do for the week, people upset that that said uber nerds are hoarding camps or contested mobs, etc).

Nature of the beast to not appease everyone. If you want to give a suggestion for rulesets, by all means join the other dozens of posts citing "PERFECT TLP RULESET". As for things like timeframes of already in progress TLP's, not really worth the effort to poll.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  19. Strife Lorekeeper

What...hard pass lmao. If anything shorten PoP and combine it with Ldon.